New BASC wildfowling officer

holloway

Does the new appointee have links with commercial "wildfowling" operators? If so, I think many members will be apprehensive of such a person's suitability for a post where there should be - plainly and clearly - NO likelihood of the old pals act being in operation. 

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, grahamch said:

first I have heard of a new wildfowlers association. Who is behind it? does it have any financial clout or the influence or connection, research facilities etc. of BACS??

We need to be united not more fragment to maintain our sport

The Association of UK wildfowling clubs ( think that's it), was basically formed by a few forward thinking club members who were perhaps unhappy at the perceived lack of will from BASC.

You only have to look at the fact that Kent wildfowlers are not now affiliated to BASC to see how unhappy a lot of wildfowlers were/are with the association. The feeling is they were quite happy to take clubs money, but not really fighting our corner.

3 hours ago, panoma1 said:

If your name is Graham C****** - H*** that is not true is it?...........If it's not I apologise unreservedly!

I think motty was referring to the AUKWC? An association of over 50 UK Wildfowling clubs, formed not to rival BASC but to concentrate their focus and work with them in negotiations with NE together resisting proposed major further regulation, to get the best deal possible on consents for Wildfowling.........

It is not, apology accepted. 

Regrettably, Paranoia 1 sees a problem with just about everything connected to BASC and we haven`t even touched upon Freemasonry yet.

We have to face the fact that wildfowling is now a minority sport. There are more lady members of BASC than there are wildfowlers. We have singularly failed to keep BASC Council, which decides the direction BASC takes, topped up with hard core `fowlers because the majority of wildfowlers simply don`t care about the future of the sport. If they did the`d have voted in the Council elections. The majoroty did not vote.

I`m slighlty amused by some of the comments about an alternative wildfowling association. One "new" association is steered by Allen Jarrett who is a great ambassador for wildfowling and a man that I much admire. He is also the Chairman of the Kent Wildfowlers who some would have you believe are the Anti Christ of wildfowling, having the temerity to aquire land outside of Kent.

So whats it to be boys. He`s either Satan incarnate or the Saviour of wildfowling. Which is it to be?

I too agree that this thread has pontlessly and needlessly deviated from it`s original course. If you have a minute to spare go back to the beginning and re read it in detail and watch as the destabilising hand of Paranoia 1sets to work spoiling it for us all as he is programmed to do with anything connected to BASC. He simply can`t help himself.

This thread has gone in some unhelpful directions and has got a bit confused.

Two posts were advertised by BASC. Head of Wildfowling (or similar) and Wildfowling Officer. James Green is widely rumoured to have gained the first, and another chap the second.

I have seen an e-mail from a council member naming two names but it is not my business to pre-empt any official announcement.

Alan Jarrett, sometime chairman of BASC, is chairman of the Kent WCA, currently the largest single club. The KWCA recently disaffiliated from BASC.

The AUKWC is a multi-club body, formed to shape policy and pressure BASC over the running sore that is NE consents. This was flagged up as a problem as early as the second ever national wildfowling conference and continues to be a problem. It has employed Thyme Consultants (Simon Breasley) to frame its submissions to EN. Simon used to work for BASC long ago. Many individual clubs retain him to negotiate and to write management plans but his business does much other work.

I hope this clarifies some of the facts about what is being discussed here without upsetting anyone.

36 minutes ago, mudpatten said:

Regrettably, Paranoia 1 sees a problem with just about everything connected to BASC and we haven`t even touched upon Freemasonry yet.

We have to face the fact that wildfowling is now a minority sport. There are more lady members of BASC than there are wildfowlers. We have singularly failed to keep BASC Council, which decides the direction BASC takes, topped up with hard core `fowlers because the majority of wildfowlers simply don`t care about the future of the sport. If they did the`d have voted in the Council elections. The majoroty did not vote.

I`m slighlty amused by some of the comments about an alternative wildfowling association. One "new" association is steered by Allen Jarrett who is a great ambassador for wildfowling and a man that I much admire. He is also the Chairman of the Kent Wildfowlers who some would have you believe are the Anti Christ of wildfowling, having the temerity to aquire land outside of Kent.

So whats it to be boys. He`s either Satan incarnate or the Saviour of wildfowling. Which is it to be?

I too agree that this thread has pontlessly and needlessly deviated from it`s original course. If you have a minute to spare go back to the beginning and re read it in detail and watch as the destabilising hand of Paranoia 1sets to work spoiling it for us all as he is programmed to do with anything connected to BASC. He simply can`t help himself.

Entirely expected response from a serial BASC apologist! Whilst sidestepping my questions regarding his own involvement with BASC, In the matter of NE and consents, I will cease criticising BASC when/if they secure from NE, a reasonable and acceptable consents agreement that protects Wildfowling from NE's proposed over regulation.

35 minutes ago, Pushandpull said:

This thread has gone in some unhelpful directions and has got a bit confused.

Two posts were advertised by BASC. Head of Wildfowling (or similar) and Wildfowling Officer. James Green is widely rumoured to have gained the first, and another chap the second.

I have seen an e-mail from a council member naming two names but it is not my business to pre-empt any official announcement.

Alan Jarrett, sometime chairman of BASC, is chairman of the Kent WCA, currently the largest single club. The KWCA recently disaffiliated from BASC.

The AUKWC is a multi-club body, formed to shape policy and pressure BASC over the running sore that is NE consents. This was flagged up as a problem as early as the second ever national wildfowling conference and continues to be a problem. It has employed Thyme Consultants (Simon Breasley) to frame its submissions to EN. Simon used to work for BASC long ago. Many individual clubs retain him to negotiate and to write management plans but his business does much other work.

I hope this clarifies some of the facts about what is being discussed here without upsetting anyone.

Quite correct Pushandpull...regarding AUKWC, the question is why did over 50 clubs feel it neccesary to form (and finance) such a body?

47 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

Quite correct Pushandpull...regarding AUKWC, the question is why did over 50 clubs feel it neccesary to form (and finance) such a body?

They might get more than 50 if more was generally known about them, anybody got a link to the AUKWC?

Let's try again. AUKWC = Association of UK Wildfowling Clubs. Nothing to do with the Kent WCA. It is not something that you join as an individual, but an organisation that your club joins - like a joint council but on a larger scale. If you are a member of a Lincolnshire club, lancer 425, they will almost certainly be aware of this and will probably have joined.

Any of the Wash clubs will definitely be well aware as they have always been in the "political" forefront.

3 minutes ago, Pushandpull said:

Let's try again. AUKWC = Association of UK Wildfowling Clubs. Nothing to do with the Kent WCA. It is not something that you join as an individual, but an organisation that your club joins - like a joint council but on a larger scale. If you are a member of a Lincolnshire club, lancer 425, they will almost certainly be aware of this and will probably have joined.

Any of the Wash clubs will definitely be well aware as they have always been in the "political" forefront.

With around 50 clubs joined (alleged ) that still leaves a lot more potential clubs out there, info is not easy to find on this organization if any of the lincolnshire north norfolk clubs or indeed north west clubs i am in are members or not is not the point why the lack of info.

Is  Simon Breasley working with the AUKWC ?  OR KENTS version.

Please refer to my previous post.  AUKWC have employed Thyme Consultants (Simon Breasley). I understand that he once did some work for Kent WCA but that was a long time ago.

I could not possibly comment on the present relationship between Mr. Jarrett and Mr. Breasley but it is hardly relevant to this thread which is meant to be about BASC's new wildfowling staff.

I do suggest that you get in touch with your club committee for more information. Perhaps stand at the next AGM and really get involved ?

28 minutes ago, Pushandpull said:

Please refer to my previous post.  AUKWC have employed Thyme Consultants (Simon Breasley). I understand that he once did some work for Kent WCA but that was a long time ago.

I could not possibly comment on the present relationship between Mr. Jarrett and Mr. Breasley but it is hardly relevant to this thread which is meant to be about BASC's new wildfowling staff.

I do suggest that you get in touch with your club committee for more information. Perhaps stand at the next AGM and really get involved ?

Oh i get involved and at least one club i am in are associated to the AUKWC by affiliation to a group of clubs, my point is why can AUKWC not have any info readily available open for all to see, i have contacted three club officials tonight who all looked for info and found none on the internet no face book page nada! WHY? Why is this. And burgeoning organisation surely needs to make itself know or is it as i said by invitation only through acquaintances. .

Edited by lancer425

Believe it or not, lancer425, a great deal of the world's business is conducted without the help of Facebook. I am, as I usually do, trying to bring factual information to this site.

If you want to have an argument, you will not have it with me. I have no idea why you think that AUKWC should publicise its business - which is to protect wildfowling - to all and sundry any more than a club or Joint Council might do so. 

I am not immediately involved with AUKWC but I am well aware that there are other groups such as PGR which do not publicise what they do - why should they ?

47 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

Oh i get involved and at least one club i am in are associated to the AUKWC by affiliation to a group of clubs, my point is why can AUKWC not have any info readily available open for all to see, i have contacted three club officials tonight who all looked for info and found none on the internet no face book page nada! WHY? Why is this. And burgeoning organisation surely needs to make itself know or is it as i said by invitation only through acquaintances. .

So you have contacted them, and no one in any of the clubs (including the committee) you claim to be a member of, which you state "at least one" of which is "associated to AUKWC by an affiliation to a group of clubs"........knows anything about AUKWC?.........is that what you are expecting us to believe? Lol!

1 hour ago, lancer425 said:

Now just remind me, but how many BASC members magazines had reports of Council meetings which were reportedly held "in private" , behind closed doors, etc- ABSOLUTELY NIL information provided to the membership about the issues concerning senior management and their failings and transgressions. Is that what you term "readily available, open for all to see". 

Get Real.

Which club/s do you represent or are you with Holloway? AUKWC is, as pushandpull posted, a self funded, multi (over 50) CLUB BASED Association of Wildfowling clubs. With that number, if you personally are interested in finding out more? There must be clubs in your area that are AUKWC members? Or at least committee members who know about the AUKWC?............Or if you are a real optimist? Maybe contact BASC? Who will probably deny it but are fully aware of, and have worked with representatives from AUKWC in meetings with NE!

I'm sure if bonafide clubs wanted to find out more about who AUKWC are, and what they are doing in defence of Wildfowling, and maybe consider joining them? They only need to make enquiries with member clubs.....there are plenty of them........including some of the best known Wildfowling clubs in the country!

Edited by panoma1