.410 magtech case primers?

I have just started reloading for the .410 and am finding it a very relaxing thing to do. I would like to try with the magtech brass cases but it seems they need a large pistol primer, which needs a firearms cert to purchase? Are there other cases available that will take a primer purchasable on a SGC or am I piddling in the wind?

mike

• 4 weeks later...

I've drilled out Magtech's before to accept 209's but can't remember the drill size required. Once the primer pocket is drilled you will need a large drill approx. 1/2" to create a shallow recess to accommodate the primer skirt ensuring that the primer sits flush to the case base. I gave up using them as I found that the 209 primers were either tight to seat in the case, thus making you cringe as you use more force than I was comfortable doing too drive them home, or too loose making the use of nail varnish to seal them in place necessary. The problem is that in an ordinary plastic case the primer is held by a far more flexible plastic pocket rather than a pure metal to metal frictional contact as in Magtech cases. 

Don't forget you will need oversized wads and cards for these cases.