What's happened to Justcartridges?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They never seem to be good value, just looked and they have a offer on Gamebore Velocity fibre at £199 per thousand. Got the same cartridges at £190 at my local gun shop. I really don't know how they manage because no one seems to use them

On 25/07/2018 at 18:18, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, they are quite local to me and very nice people to deal with, i do not buy many cartridges but get some of their bin ends if anything suitable, oh to much suitable have enough for at least 5 years

They're local to me too but I find them expensive or only marginally cheaper that buying from my usual RFD or clay ground its not worth the hassle. Shame really as they seem to have a good range but even for my lads 28 bore carts its not worth it.

5 hours ago, Wingman said:

They're local to me too but I find them expensive or only marginally cheaper that buying from my usual RFD or clay ground its not worth the hassle. Shame really as they seem to have a good range but even for my lads 28 bore carts its not worth it.

hello, who is your local RFD ?   i get bin ends when i see a suitable cartridge at JCs

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

• 3 weeks later...
On 25/07/2018 at 22:42, HW95J said:

They do sell Victory cartridges, it's the only source I know for their fibrewad game loads. I notice that these have gone up in price since the update however. Looking at the RWS there are some hefty prices there. £15 per box for some of them! Overall JC can work out cheaper if you buy from the binends section, especially if you order with a friend and increase quantity/ half postage.

Malmoguns sell Victory cartridges also the Europa  fibre wad   and are cheaper than JC

I've ordered a lot from JC and always been very happy with the service. Charles who runs it is very knowledgeable if you call him for advice and he writes online and in a few magazines. If you order before mid afternoon they arrive next day. No they aren't the cheapest but when you consider most gun shops only stock cartridges to bring people into the shop they have to make some margin on them as they aren't making money on other things. Delivery is £15 for the first 1000 and pro rata after that. They are bulky and weigh a ton and not many couriers will take them so I don't think it's bad value. If you have a local shop who stocks what you like then that's great but for me, shooting 410, 28, 20 and 12 bore the selection is fantastic and you could never get that choice in a shop. I work full time and am often coaching on a Saturday so it makes no sense for me to have to take time off, losing money or valuable shooting time driving 25 miles to my nearest shop when I can pay an extra £15 and have them delivered to my office or home. If you just want any old cheap 12 gauge pigeon cartridges then they probably aren't the shop for you. 

On 20/08/2018 at 18:46, HW95J said:

Thanks, always interested to see where the suppliers are so send the name my way if you find out. I'm based in Scotland though and don't find myself down South very often

There's a  stockist of Victory carts in Scotland

Anglers Choice  Dundee if that's any help

1 hour ago, sabel25 said:

There's a  stockist of Victory carts in Scotland

Anglers Choice  Dundee if that's any help

That's my current source, only issue is the lack of f/w game. I'll have a word next time I'm in and see if they can include some with their order.

1 hour ago, johnnytheboy said:

Really high pheasants, high driven duck if over land and not shooting towards water 

We can'nt shoot duck with lead even over land which seems daft as i shoot pheasant partridge and vermin with lead and always fibre wad

Are the europa's not an option

22 hours ago, sabel25 said:

That's a fair hike  from Falkirk

I've bought 3 shotguns and 5000 cartridges from them in the past  2 year

Their cheddite granular fibre 31g 5 or  6 are pretty good at £245 per thou

I have little faith in cheddite fibre cartridges, i bought 250 elite though as they said they had to take the cardboard wax card out and put a plastic orbature in, kinda defeats the purpose of being fibre wad though 

I do like cheddite plastic wad cartridges but I’m trying to get away from plastic wad though 

13 minutes ago, johnnytheboy said:

I have little faith in cheddite fibre cartridges, i bought 250 elite though as they said they had to take the cardboard wax card out and put a plastic orbature in, kinda defeats the purpose of being fibre wad though 

I do like cheddite plastic wad cartridges but I’m trying to get away from plastic wad though 

Them Elite are'nt the cheapest i would've thought they'd be ok

These granular are ok

A shooting mate took 2000 off me and he likes them

I'am the same only use fibre and have done for a few years now

Only plastic i have are Cheddite 60 metri and 100 metri just for the odd occation

Another shooting friend uses the Victory starlight through his old aya o/u and loves them But plastic which was a bit awkward on a shoot we went to and no plaswad allowed