Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
loriusgarrulus

Heat Hazards for dogs include artificial grass.

    Recommended Posts

    It’s because plastic grass gets too hot for there paws same as pavements and walking on the sand on beach.

    common sense tells you that .you don’t walk around bare footed when it hots 

    Edited by Swinton

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    1 hour ago, Swinton said:

    It’s because plastic grass gets too hot for there paws same as pavements and walking on the sand on beach.

    common sense tells you that .you don’t walk around bare footed when it hots 

    Haven't come across artificial grass. Only the real stuff. Haven't a clue what its made of. My dogs stay in during the heat of the day with the air con running. 

     

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Saw a stupid tart in running gear in Tamworth mid morning with two grey hounds running on leads behind her and they were almost tripping over their tongues. It was in the mid 80s in the shade.  Absolutely pathetic.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    31 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

    Saw a stupid tart in running gear in Tamworth mid morning with two grey hounds running on leads behind her and they were almost tripping over their tongues. It was in the mid 80s in the shade.  Absolutely pathetic.

    Heat aside, greyhounds are not a joggers dog. They are built for a short burst of speed not endurance running poor beggars.

    Saw someone walking their dog up the street at 15:00 the other day. My outside thermometer in the shade was reading 31C.

    As the Landy and van haven't got aircon, if we need to travel its early morning set off and I pack dog chiller coats for them.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    1 hour ago, Walker570 said:

    Saw a stupid tart in running gear in Tamworth mid morning with two grey hounds running on leads behind her and they were almost tripping over their tongues. It was in the mid 80s in the shade.  Absolutely pathetic.

    Hope plenty of people told her what they think of her!! 

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Taken the day off with mine as the missus can't be home to look after her. Too hot in London for a very active 11month old. 

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    I’ve changed my dogs routine. Walk early before it heats up, quick walk after work and then a nice walk at about 10.00pm. Even then it’s too hot to work the collies.

    Edited by Duckandswing

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Report today of three dogs left in car for two hours. Police called and failed so a passing builder put his sledge through the window and they gave water to the dogs. 

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    1 hour ago, Walker570 said:

    Report today of three dogs left in car for two hours. Police called and failed so a passing builder put his sledge through the window and they gave water to the dogs. 

    Unbelievable the lack of thought. It's too hot to even get in the car let alone sit in one.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now
    Sign in to follow this  

    • Recently Browsing   0 members

      No registered users viewing this page.

    ×