Avon 'Skin so Soft'

steve_b_wales

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, pegasus bridge said:

It works for me definitely , but some folks say it doesn’t for them. The downside is you’ll smell like a WI member.

nothing wrong with that....................the trouble starts when they ask you to do a photo shoot for a calender

I would shop around - no doubt that (being aimed at the ladies) there will be one with your name on it at twice the price along with ones that make you look younger or appear smarter, be swimming in liposomes or bred in a vat of free range bio yoghurt - the ones they push all depends on the make of your handbag. 

Mozzies, allegedly  don't like,Garlic, Marmite, wrights coal tar soap. When we toured Scotland on the bikes we used skin so soft! it helps but nothing kept the blighters off if they came in there swarms. The thing that worked the best for me was 'Smidge' and also tried a new thing a couple of weeks ago which contained Bog Myrtle, they didn't seem to like that either

I've been in Kilchrenan in NW Scotland, at the side of Loch awe (Midge paradise) recently and the midges are a real pain skin so soft isn't  that great for me but i had success with "smidge that midge" and some of the locals swore by don't bite me patches, last year i tried to man it out and ended up with over 78 swellings despite wearing a long sleeved shirt

Edited by Winston72

1 minute ago, figgy said:

Avon skin so soft is awful if you spray your face then sweat and it goes in your eyes, you cant see properly for quite a while.

Figgy i have read many of your posts over the years and consider you intelligent and reasonably logical, that said SHUT YOUR EYES WHEN SPRAYING STUFF ON YOUR FACE,or even safer spray on your hand and rub it on your face, 

20 minutes ago, Scully said:

...ah, my mistake! ??

dont worry about ....easily done......:lol::good:

a while ago someone posted a topic about piles..................apparently inadvertantly whilst out tractor driving ...they got caught short and had to "unload" and all they had was a rag that had WD40 on it................which according to the poster...cured the aforsaid anal complaint..............

has anyone tried WD40 as a mozzie repelant..:hmm:

Edited by ditchman

9 minutes ago, ditchman said:

dont worry about ....easily done......:good:

a while ago someone posted a topic about piles..................apparently inadvertantly whilst out tractor driving ...they got caught short and had to "unload" and all they had was a rag that had WD40 on it................which according to the poster...cured the aforsaid anal complaint..............

has anyone tried WD40 as a mozzie repelant..

No! but I was once told it stops pain when sprayed onto and rubbed into arthritic fingers/hands!

Avon Skin So Soft dry oil spray works for us and my wife gets bitten unmercifully without it.

Be warned , products that contain high levels of Deet can damage clothing and melt plastics.

I am sure things like WD40, diesel, creosote and other toxic chemicals would deter mosquitoes , you just have to ask whether you really want to cover yourself with it.:)

i think amongst other things WD40 contains fish oils..............is that right ?

just checked "ye ole wikiepedia"................the above statement is a myth..........

the dinka (in africa) use cow poo against mozzies

Edited by ditchman