Sarah Champion

Rewulf

1 hour ago, Gordon R said:

Where is Corbyn when all this is going on? Why isn't he in the press and on TV demanding that decent people support her and end the threats?

I think I know the answer - again.

I've said it on here before but I'm not sure people fully understood what I was saying. Corbyn is bone idle lazy, he doesn't get his hands dirty. He was my MP for nearly ten years, he does nothing.

When was the last time you saw him on TV actually doing anything? visiting a school or a factory? meeting people? actually working for his wages?

3 hours ago, Gordon R said:

Where is Corbyn when all this is going on? Why isn't he in the press and on TV demanding that decent people support her and end the threats?

I think I know the answer - again.

Yes, but the silence from Westminster has been deafening across all of LibLabCon.  Did the Tories capitalise on this open goal and goad Corbyn for his lack of support? Would the press have dared cover it even if he had? This whole case shows that our political establishment and large parts of our police, judiciary and social services and media are at a minimum not fit for purpose and it can perhaps be argued are complicit in these crimes.

6 hours ago, TriBsa said:

Yes, but the silence from Westminster has been deafening across all of LibLabCon.  Did the Tories capitalise on this open goal and goad Corbyn for his lack of support? Would the press have dared cover it even if he had? This whole case shows that our political establishment and large parts of our police, judiciary and social services and media are at a minimum not fit for purpose and it can perhaps be argued are complicit in these crimes.

If you were a police officer with a young family and a mortgage who uncovered evidence of a grooming gang what would you do? It would take a bit of thinking about

2 hours ago, Vince Green said:

If you were a police officer with a young family and a mortgage who uncovered evidence of a grooming gang what would you do? It would take a bit of thinking about

If it were a white grooming gang its a no brainer, the fact its a minority criminal element means some thought has to go into it, IF they value their career.
I see Ms Champion has a new ally this morning, in the form of our home sec.Sajid Javid.

He has promised an investigation into why these gangs are predominantly Pakistani, it could be political point scoring against the opposition, but such a move is welcomed as far as Im concerned, as long as its honest, and doesnt spare the uncomfortable truths around it.
Of which there are many.