Wasp sting

ShootingEgg

Walking to the sheds today to check the feed of some 5/6 week old pheasant chicks and out of no where bang just above my work boot my leg felt like it had been stabbed.. Ive not been stung for going on 25years... I had a sack of feed on my shoulder and felt like i was gonna hit the deck as it was completely unexpected, as my left leg reacted and jumped off the floor with my right leg stood on its own. 

Not having been stung for so long had forgotten what it felt like. Even now a good 7 hours on, it feels bruised and tender walking on it, feels a bit odd. 

6 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

Keep an eye on it! I understand people who formerly had no problem with wasp stings can develop an allergy at any time......

My boss has to goto hosp monthly to "wasp club" and carries pen on him at all times incase of a sting... Just looks bruised at moment. Should be okay.. Annoying as i was just walking through field, not a case of waving arms like a fool to annoy one 

24 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

Wuss- our old place in the pool we were regularly stung due to those pesky wasps also wanting to use the pool for drinking/cooling off.

Worst two were stings to nipple and man bits 

well boi.....if the poison aint sucked out you will die...............and ive got news for you...you're going to die..:lol:

2 hours ago, Jaymo said:

Wuss- our old place in the pool we were regularly stung due to those pesky wasps also wanting to use the pool for drinking/cooling off.

Worst two were stings to nipple and man bits 

I got stung on my man bits, asked doc to take the pain away but leave the swelling.

I was up at the farm helping to get everything ready for the arrival of the poults and unknowingly disturbed a wasp nest in a wood pile, I was non the wiser until I got zapped 3 times on my right led (one in the shin and twice behind my knee). I threw the 5 or 6 pieces of timber on my shoulder up in the air and went running up the yard with several more wasps in hot persuit. 

only ever been stung twice by wasp first late teens on a motorbike stomping on   first sting in the throat and after seven or eight stings more he ran out of venom at my belly button before I could get to him second time can of coke felt something in my mouth spat it out got stung inside mouth no that just did about hurt

A couple of years back now, I was  strimming a rough bank rising from our lawn into a field. My son looked out of the patio door  & said to my wife & daughter " Come & watch this: he's forgotten about that wasp's nest".

Next thing there were 8 of the ******** inside my bib & brace - I downed the brushcutter sharpish & ran towards the house bashing myself wherever they stung me, only to see my nearest & dearest collapsed in laughter! (8 stings on the belly & 2 on the neck - but they don't affect me much at all - bees neither (the missus keeps them)

Wasp stings never used to bother me too much , until one day that I had one trapped under the cuff of my jumper, I was unhooking a pike for a mate at the time and thought that it was one of the treble hooks digging into my wrist so didn't take too much notice, it stung me quite a few times before I realised it was a wasp , it made me pretty ill for a couple of days, and wasp stings have made me feel rough ever since. On the upside , whenever I get a wasp sting these days, it takes my muscle and joint pain away for about two weeks. 

when I was a young lad I jumped into a large pile of grass cuttings that had been colonised by wasps. within seconds I was stung multiple times, so ran to get mums help, she took me straight to the chemist and when they took my shirt off several of the beggars flew out. I was then gassed with some spray I think it was called wasp ease it came in a small blue can. Nearly forty years on I can still remember that horrible day vividly. Then a few years back I asked a gang of lads to do some work for me which must have been unknowingly in the vicinity of a nest within minutes they were all stung on the face needless to say I didn't ask them to go back. But my boss demanded to see where they were working as we were walking to the area, me following him I saw the first wasp weaving through the trees and hit him smack on the forehead we both legged it out of there, me grinning from ear to ear he should of taken my word for it as that evening he spent a few hours in A&E getting anti histamine for severe swelling.           

4 hours ago, mel b3 said:

Wasp stings never used to bother me too much , until one day that I had one trapped under the cuff of my jumper, I was unhooking a pike for a mate at the time and thought that it was one of the treble hooks digging into my wrist so didn't take too much notice, it stung me quite a few times before I realised it was a wasp , it made me pretty ill for a couple of days, and wasp stings have made me feel rough ever since. On the upside , whenever I get a wasp sting these days, it takes my muscle and joint pain away for about two weeks. 

Hence Homeopathic treatment of Apis (bee venom) for muscle pain

19 hours ago, panoma1 said:

Keep an eye on it! I understand people who formerly had no problem with wasp stings can develop an allergy at any time......

Happened to me this week.

Been stung loads of times when strimming on the shoot. On Tuesday this week, got stung on the hand and it’s come up like a pudding. Been to doctors today and given prescription anti histamine.

Got stung between the middle two fingers on my right hand as a 5 year old You know the fleshy bit at the base of the fingers. 

Was climbing into a paddling pool and the ****** was hiding under the lip of the pool where I put my hand to hold on. 

Fast forward 20 years, clearing up some fallen apples off the lawn and bam. Another sting in exactly the same place as the one from years ago. 

Horrible little *******!

Suddenly hell of a lot about this week. They attacked stung and killed and eat a recently fledged dunnock under my apple tree this week. Something i not seen before. Loads on my pigeons last weekend. Some were on cradles 70yrds out. Had to knock them off wen i picked up. Even in back of truck after them. Hunting the rungs on my ladders at work. No fun at height when your hot, burnt, sweaty and knackered! All seemed stunted. NB

Remember when I was putting facia up when a wasp stung my mate on the face. I absolutely wet myself laughing as it swelled up. He looked terrible. Mini elephant man. So off we go to the docs and all was fine. Same day both of us working again and I cut through the back of my hand and needed loads of stitches. He was ******* himself as we were driving back to docs. His revenge I suppose