The End Of A Hot Day .

marsh man

1 hour ago, Clodhopper said:

That place looks stunning.

Breydon Water............its mentioned and has a pen and ink drawing in one of the swallows and amazons books...of the area where the rockets are.........a large stretch of it is only 2ft deep at high tide...........great fun fun the visitors on boats that get stranded for 8 hrs on it when the tide goes out..:lol: 

3 hours ago, Clodhopper said:

That place looks stunning.

The photo doesn't do it justice , one of the few places that haven't altered to much in my lifetime .

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

Breydon Water............its mentioned and has a pen and ink drawing in one of the swallows and amazons books...of the area where the rockets are.........a large stretch of it is only 2ft deep at high tide...........great fun fun the visitors on boats that get stranded for 8 hrs on it when the tide goes out..:lol: 

I have took the odd visitor off in one my gun punts over the years and took a tow rope to the stricken cruiser  , the tow boat cant get close enough due to the shallow water , where my punt could easily go over water a few inches deep , one persons mishap is another persons gain ? 

20 minutes ago, marsh man said:

The photo doesn't do it justice , one of the few places that haven't altered to much in my lifetime .

I have took the odd visitor off in one my gun punts over the years and took a tow rope to the stricken cruiser  , the tow boat cant get close enough due to the shallow water , where my punt could easily go over water a few inches deep , one persons mishap is another persons gain ? 

I assume that you charged accordingly?

1 hour ago, marsh man said:

when i lived on cobham island...i used to walk up there with the dogs and fish for mullet that used to feed at the waters edge.........you could get them with a fish spear if you wanted...

do you know billy frosdick ?

7 hours ago, Penelope said:

I assume that you charged accordingly?

I suppose if I had a business brain like Richard Branson I could have claimed salvage rights once the boat was empty ?, when I rowed over to the stricken vessel I would weigh up who I was taking off and surprise , surprise the young ladies always had priority and the parents last , there was never no charge for my time , only a charge for wear and tear for my boat which was very expensive ☺️ 

6 hours ago, ditchman said:

when i lived on cobham island...i used to walk up there with the dogs and fish for mullet that used to feed at the waters edge.........you could get them with a fish spear if you wanted...

do you know billy frosdick ?

You spelt Cobham like they do in Surrey , there is a million mile gap from the Cobholm I lived in for 67 years , and do I know Billy Frostdick , I was the best man at his ex wife's wedding , lest said about that the better?☺️

2 minutes ago, marsh man said:

I suppose if I had a business brain like Richard Branson I could have claimed salvage rights once the boat was empty ?, when I rowed over to the stricken vessel I would weigh up who I was taking off and surprise , surprise the young ladies always had priority and the parents last , there was never no charge for my time , only a charge for wear and tear for my boat which was very expensive ☺️ 

You spelt Cobham like they do in Surrey , there is a million mile gap from the Cobholm I lived in for 67 years , and do I know Billy Frostdick , I was the best man at his ex wife's wedding , lest said about that the better?☺️

yeah me an him didnt get on...........................i used to live on mill rd opposite the chapel.............

30 minutes ago, ditchman said:

yeah me an him didnt get on...........................i used to live on mill rd opposite the chapel.............

He now live a few miles from you , pop round for a cuppa? , Mill road was the posh area of the island , Did you go in the chapel and had a word with God ,  Jesus or the priest , three words you have mentioned in your posts lately , or are you in a religious mood ?☺️

billy used to use the keys estate as his personal traing area....until just at the beginning of the season ...his homemade dummy launcher went off in his face..........so he couldnt do the picking up at keys for kevin london.....i was out of luck as i had lost the henham estate with scarlett...to a bloody pop venue ..(latitude) so as i had a big team of dogs i took on at keys estate where frostdick couldnt do cause of his injury ,...and stayed there for a few years....

me and frostdick had a couple of run in's on breydon water as he used to take the micky out of my crossbreed sprockers...until i eyewiped him infront of a class of student doghandlers....thus went downhill after that..............also i didnt like what he did to his dogs...and how he fed his carp on his flash lakes..

but thats another story...........