TVP Renewal and doctors letter

Moblies

26 minutes ago, Moblies said:

Yes so the doctor replied to TVP as he did with me, A report would be £65 thanks.  TVP take that as a response and may refuse the applications.  MAY!  very grey.

As Zetter says they will accept a summary of your records which apparently I need to fill out a form at the doctors,  assuming its is a nominal fee then I can do that easy enough.

If a medical summary will suffice and it's likely to be Free or a small charge and I've given permission for them the access my records I'm not entirely sure why the police cant just ask for that.

Anything to make the process as difficult as possible seems to be the mantra of some forces, for obvious reasons. 

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting back to basics for a minute...did you actually declare any medical condition on the application/renewal, current or historical?

The Police do not arbitrarily request medical records for everyone, they may in a random way, but will tend to only seek further information if they have some reason to seek clarification on declared medical situations.

Edited by Dekers

No as per the original post I've probably been to the doctors once in the last five years for a blocked ear.  didn't get any of this on my Grant 5 years ago. Nothing to declare on the original grant either.

I've been reasonably fortunate (touch wood) to not require a doctor not that you can get an appointment anyway.

Edited by Moblies

1 hour ago, Dekers said:

Getting back to basics for a minute...did you actually declare any medical condition on the application/renewal, current or historical?

The Police do not arbitrarily request medical records for everyone, they may in a random way, but will tend to only seek further information if they have some reason to seek clarification on declared medical situations.

I did not declare any conditions either and I have been to a GP only once in over 10 years, but I have had the same letters from TVP as Moblies.

3 minutes ago, simonm said:

I did not declare any conditions either and I have been to a GP only once in over 10 years, but I have had the same letters from TVP as Moblies.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I'm going through a renewal with TVP at the moment and had the interview 15 days ago, no mention of doctors ….YET...……. so is this just random?????????

Edited by Dekers

Did they come and see you, or just phone you Dekers?

Edit. OK just read it all you had a visit.

Only asking as I had my SGC/FAC renewal through TVP recently and just had phone chat, no medical stuff at all was mentioned.

In my case nothing had changed, in terms of address/job/shotguns & rifles so maybe that was why it was so straightforward.

Edited by Dunkield

20 minutes ago, Dunkield said:

Did they come and see you, or just phone you Dekers?

Edit. OK just read it all you had a visit.

Only asking as I had my SGC/FAC renewal through TVP recently and just had phone chat, no medical stuff at all was mentioned.

In my case nothing had changed, in terms of address/job/shotguns & rifles so maybe that was why it was so straightforward.

Without trying to complicate things I actually have 2 x FAC.  My personal FAC renewal was about 18 months ago, no mention of Doctors.  As Secretary for my rifle club at Bisley I am also the Club FAC holder, that's going through at the moment, still no mention of doctors!

As yourself, nothing changed since previous renewals.

1 hour ago, Moblies said:

No as per the original post I've probably been to the doctors once in the last five years for a blocked ear.  didn't get any of this on my Grant 5 years ago. Nothing to declare on the original grant either.

I've been reasonably fortunate (touch wood) to not require a doctor not that you can get an appointment anyway.

My renewal for FAC/SGC was less than 18 months ago, and I have a declaration to make ( albeit quite historical now ) and was fully expecting to be informed I needed a GP's letter, but nothing, not even during two address changes and a separation within that 18 months. I'm with Cumbria. It seems to be a bit of a lottery. 

31 minutes ago, thepasty said:

my renewal was up recently, even when stating medication for health anxiety I still didnt need to provide a docs letter...

I spoke to my FEO on the phone about it (who is very reasonable/sensible) and she had no problems.

Gotta love Devon and Cornwall!

This is what I did....called my FEO and had a chat. 

Visit to the doctors and after a short wait they printed me two pages of A4 which is apparently the summary, no charge so I'll email it over to TVP.

I've not had a visit or been asked for one yet, I did state no change to my security arrangements.

So wait and see I guess.  From what I understand if the doctor had not replied at all I probably wouldn't of had this. the fact they replied even though all it offered was a report for £65 they take that as a reply.  I did point out an offer of a report in exchange for payment is not the same as the doctor stating a reason I shouldn't be renewed.

All seems a bit grey to me.

• 3 weeks later...

My boy just got a letter from his doctor wanting £35 before they would do the report asked for by the police! 

He got his new certificates a couple of weeks ago ?

Some thing that did just cross my mind, if there had been a medical reason that he shouldn't have had his license renewed would the doctor not have informed the police until they had been payed?? 

Edited by bluesj

5 hours ago, Wingman said:

This will be interesting my wife just sent of her first SGC grant application yesterday to TVP. I’ll track the progress and see what happens (probably won’t be posting an update for a few months though!!)

Im just putting in for an FAC grant to TVP I’ve heard that it may be a while before a reply! 

Slightly off topic this question- Does anyone know how long they (TVP) usually take to cash the cheque? We’re in the middle of transferring bank accounts at the minute  and I don’t want to keep this one open if they take weeks or months to deposit it rather wait a week or so for my new cheque book. 

1 hour ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, i just heard something interesting on TVP and renewals,

hello, they are trying to resolve some issues with their administration of licensing applications so not to have a back log at applications for renewals at certain times of the year and have asked me to renew before my sgc/fac is due so not to be high volume at one time but spread over the yearly applications, hope you understand chaps,

Just now, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, they are trying to resolve some issues with their administration of licensing applications so not to have a back log at applications for renewals at certain times of the year and have asked me to renew before my sgc/fac is due so not to be high volume at one time but spread over the yearly applications, hope you understand chaps,

it will just mean a smaller payment with renew form and will be i think longer expire date, 

3 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

it will just mean a smaller payment with renew form and will be i think longer expire date, 

just to add i can see their point of view so new application should take less time and the department will have a better time to deal with new apps and better for the  FEOs work to so i shall do as requested if it all works ok to their new system

• 2 weeks later...

Well got a text message to say it had been granted and be in the post. Sure enough Friday it dropped through the door. No visit just a form to fill out to confirm security and ask how many I can store.

I put 10.  It's a big 5 gun cab but top and tail as its laying flat.  

12 hours ago, la bala said:

I have just read all four pages of this post and not a murmur from BASC. Maybe next year I will join the AA or RAC.

You've noticed too! BASC must regularly monitor this and other sites, but they never reply or respond to critism! In my opinion is shows the contempt BASC hold their membership in!

I also note "David" from BASC has not posted lately......