TVP Renewal and doctors letter

Moblies

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, Kalahari said:

"David" was subjected to so much unfair criticism that he walked away and I don't blame him. There are some real keyboard warriors out there who are very rude.

David. (but not BASC)

Comes with the territory I'm afraid, when dissatisfied.......people will express their dissatisfaction! Especially with a supposedly member led organisation, that does not answer to the membership!....he walked away from criticism, which obviously includes criticism that comes from members eh? I bet he has not walked away from the wages, expenses and pension the membership pay for? I personally don't blame David or any individual for BASC's shortcomings.....but he put himself in the firing line!

Easy cop out to label those that criticise as "keyboard warriors" innit?.........rather than walk away/run and hide, better perhaps for BASC to just answer the questions and criticism?

Edited by panoma1
Typo

1 minute ago, Yellow Bear said:

Fair comment, but having looked I can find no response from all other organisations except CA.

So humor me and tell me what CPSA ( a very large organisation), SACS, NGO NRA are doing.

I was just going there...I am a BASC member and certainly have my issues with them, but at least they put in an appearance here and David did try!

Well just an update on TVPs efficiency drive - yesterday I received a letter asking me to renew early. This comes several months after the email asking me to renew early, a text saying my application had been received and letters regarding the GP report ? I'm now wondering how long my renewal will actually take ?

On 24/08/2018 at 19:45, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, they are trying to resolve some issues with their administration of licensing applications so not to have a back log at applications for renewals at certain times of the year and have asked me to renew before my sgc/fac is due so not to be high volume at one time but spread over the yearly applications

West Mercia did this as well.  Mine (SGC) has now gone through (early) and been renewed.

On 02/09/2018 at 03:02, la bala said:

I have just read all four pages of this post and not a murmur from BASC.

I had the money demand from the Doctors (no medial issues) and contacted BASC.  To put the record straight I had immediate and helpful response from the BASC, followed their advice, and all is now resolved (without me paying anything).

On 24/08/2018 at 13:53, Jason_ox said:

Does anyone know how long they (TVP) usually take to cash the cheque?

If they are like West Mercia, faster than greased lightning.

On 03/09/2018 at 09:31, JohnfromUK said:

West Mercia did this as well.  Mine (SGC) has now gone through (early) and been renewed.

I had the money demand from the Doctors (no medial issues) and contacted BASC.  To put the record straight I had immediate and helpful response from the BASC, followed their advice, and all is now resolved (without me paying anything).

If they are like West Mercia, faster than greased lightning.

A good result.:good:

• 1 month later...

As an update to this topic, I today received a letter from TVP as a final reminder to pay for the medical report. I'm pretty annoyed that my GP has had my money for 2 months and has not done anything, but the main point arising appears to be that TVP will not process an application anymore without you paying for a GP's report.

1 minute ago, simonm said:

As an update to this topic, I today received a letter from TVP as a final reminder to pay for the medical report. I'm pretty annoyed that my GP has had my money for 2 months and has not done anything, but the main point arising appears to be that TVP will not process an application anymore without you paying for a GP's report.

This is incredibly inconsistent, my wife submitted her first application for a SGC grant and nothing whatsoever has been said about a GP report.  The FEO has been in touch and I am assuming that its all gone through.

TVP also by the way

1 minute ago, Wingman said:

This is incredibly inconsistent, my wife submitted her first application for a SGC grant and nothing whatsoever has been said about a GP report.  The FEO has been in touch and I am assuming that its all gone through.

TVP also by the way

That's what annoys me, its seems to be a complete lottery from county to county, and now within counties!

Speak to the BASC.  My own experience has been detailed elsewhere in this and another thread.  To summarise, I spoke to the BASC, followed their advice, had a visit from the FEO and got my renewal - no doctor involvement.  If you have no medical condition to declare, there should be no need for a report from the doctors.