Hull cartridge.... is someone taking the peee

Guest stevo

On 29 July 2018 at 11:17, Whitebridges said:

The other funny thing is they are 'Suitable For'  Partridge exclusively      https://www.hullcartridge.co.uk/game/cartridges/partridge-cartridge

Clearly unsuitable for Pheasant, Pigeon and Grouse. 

No wonder the partridge needs such a heavy load. Have you seen the size of them compared with the other quarry species in their advert. I didn't realise that they were bigger than a goose 

:hmm:

Good mind to send Hull my Ladybird book of birds which was obviously published before the partridge grew so big :yahoo:

They didn't even bother to get the comparative sizes correct of the birds that the cartridge isn't suitable for !!

OB

Edited by Old Boggy

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest cookoff013
1 hour ago, Old Boggy said:

No wonder the partridge needs such a heavy load. Have you seen the size of them compared with the other quarry species in their advert. I didn't realise that they were bigger than a goose 

Good mind to send Hull my Ladybird book of birds which was obviously published before the partridge grew so big :yahoo:

They didn't even bother to get the comparative sizes correct of the birds that the cartridge isn't suitable for !!

OB

Boggy,

its well known that partridge in kent are extremely smaller

• 7 months later...

I’ve recently been listening to the country gent podcasts and on there they have had Robert Everett from Hull cartridges who went into the whole range at quite some depth.The partridge cartridge from what I made out was aimed at the mega high stuff and he also goes into what he uses ect and for the his really high stuff pheasants ect he opts for 32,5.Although I’ve no experience and I suppose my comments are irrelevant i whilst awaiting my ticket to come through have spent hours and hours reading up and looking into cartridges ect and tbh after listening to the podcasts I’m planning on going down the Hull route finding one that does my job and sticking with it.Another plus is they do a clay cartridge to almost match the game equivalent this for me as a new comer I will find to a benefit to get onto the swing of things 

I wonder at Hulls marketing strategy with their naming of ‘the partridge cartridge’ and ‘ultimate twenty’ do they risk alienating a section of the shooting community? I’ve tried some ultimate twenty and they were ok, quite smooth on felt recoil, pigeons and crows didn’t seem to mind. Preferred the RC Sipe and JK6, more first barrel kills, fewer needing a second shot. Differences Were no doubt down to my inconsistent shooting! 

15 minutes ago, Farmboy91 said:

I was recently given a box of vip 28g 6's when I brought my no.4. 

After using them for my last couple wander rounds I really think they will cover 90% of my live shooting. 

Why they thought anyone would need what they are trying to sell is beyond me. 

I hear what you're saying, but I don't think that "need" in its usual sense is the right word when it comes to live quarry shooting. 'Require' is possibly nearer the mark. In the event that they themselves discover that they got it wrong, we'll soon know about it. I went to their stand at the '17 Game Fair mainly to moan about the loss of the High Pheasant in 7s but quickly left feeling somewhat out of place in that I hadn't left the Bentley in the carpark with the pair of Boss' in the boot. I believe it's an image thing.