Classic vehicles meet

getthegat

On the 19th of August at Rectory Farm Fambridge Road Ashingdon Essex SS43LW there will be an informal get together of classic car owners, and for those that have them, their dogs. It's in aid of dogs trust and it doesn't matter what vehicle you arrive in. There will be the odd vintage 1920s, some genuine second world war jeeps, lots of VWs of all kinds, Porsches and some highly modified drift cars. A hog roast, homemade cakes and a cocktail bus will be there to cater for ones hunger and thirst requirements. Prizes will be awarded for various categories, plus raffle, name the obscure part, auto jumble and you can have a photographer make a glass print of your vehicle. Free to attend. Just turn up and chill and chat in a the piece of the Essex countryside.

• 3 weeks later...

It went really well, around 120 cars turned up. Campers from the 50s to modern day, beach buggies, WW2 jeep and Kublewagen, beetles, a Sunbeam Alpine, MGB Roadster, new Audi A4 V10, Porsche 356 from 1956, Speedster replica's, a brilliant mix of old and new. We were blown away by people's warmth and generosity, we took nearly £400 in donations for Dogs Trust. Plenty dogs came along and my dog Sophie, a rescue from Basildon Rescue Centre, was the star of the show, running and playing with everyone and meeting every dog, acting like the host of the show, how she kept up the energy I do not know. People loved the chilled atmosphere and I'm still on an emotional high from it. Also there was no litter to pick up at the end. The Gigglypig company supplied excellent burgers and sausages, my girlfriend and my middle son's girlfriend did amazingly with homemade cakes, coffees and teas, drinks were more than catered for with a VW converted camper, serving beers, prosecco, cider and much more and then there was Rossi's ice cream. Two friends did a wonderful job on the raffle, so all in all, it gave people a bit of relaxation and escape from the rat race we all seem to be caught up in. Details on Facebook. Be great if any PW members can make it next year. It looks like becoming an annual event.

9 hours ago, getthegat said:

It went really well, around 120 cars turned up. Campers from the 50s to modern day, beach buggies, WW2 jeep and Kublewagen, beetles, a Sunbeam Alpine, MGB Roadster, new Audi A4 V10, Porsche 356 from 1956, Speedster replica's, a brilliant mix of old and new. We were blown away by people's warmth and generosity, we took nearly £400 in donations for Dogs Trust. Plenty dogs came along and my dog Sophie, a rescue from Basildon Rescue Centre, was the star of the show, running and playing with everyone and meeting every dog, acting like the host of the show, how she kept up the energy I do not know. People loved the chilled atmosphere and I'm still on an emotional high from it. Also there was no litter to pick up at the end. The Gigglypig company supplied excellent burgers and sausages, my girlfriend and my middle son's girlfriend did amazingly with homemade cakes, coffees and teas, drinks were more than catered for with a VW converted camper, serving beers, prosecco, cider and much more and then there was Rossi's ice cream. Two friends did a wonderful job on the raffle, so all in all, it gave people a bit of relaxation and escape from the rat race we all seem to be caught up in. Details on Facebook. Be great if any PW members can make it next year. It looks like becoming an annual event.

If its about the same date next year count me in I'll bring the MGC over and have a natter.