Hobbies besides shooting?

BritishShooting

What keen interests and hobbies do people have alongside shooting?

It will no doubt pain a lot of you to read this however I’ve caught the bug completely with golf again! I even found myself cleaning my clubs this weekend after cleaning the guns! Ordering more golf balls instead of shooting related items and even looking at becoming a member again after a 2-3 year break! 

I decided to go to the driving range on Friday and now I can’t stop thinking of golf to the point I’d probably prioritise a round of golf over a day on the pigeons.

what is wrong with me? 

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fly fishing, playing Ukulele.

After a long break my buddy and me are looking at getting back into RC glider thermal soaring. We had to use winch, bungee or tow launch.

We've both been amazed at the technical advances. My first computer Transmitter, Multiplex 3030, cost me about £550. Now I'm going to buy a foam glider with motor, servo's, ESC already installed. An open source computer transmitter/ receiver, a couple of Lipo's and charger. Whole lot about £400 and I can just turn it on and lob it into the air.

Biggest problem, how do I smuggle it into the house? Looking after it for a friend will only wash for so long?

Edited by KFC

Kayaking, fishing, kayak(sea)fishing (always good to return with a feed) sailing, reloading, bullet casting, hillwalking/scrambling, wildcamping, bushcraft.......

Unfortunately the bass ban has taken the edge off the kayak fishing but a few fresh mackerel are always welcome...

2 hours ago, BritishShooting said:

What keen interests and hobbies do people have alongside shooting?

It will no doubt pain a lot of you to read this however I’ve caught the bug completely with golf again! I even found myself cleaning my clubs this weekend after cleaning the guns! Ordering more golf balls instead of shooting related items and even looking at becoming a member again after a 2-3 year break! 

I decided to go to the driving range on Friday and now I can’t stop thinking of golf to the point I’d probably prioritise a round of golf over a day on the pigeons.

what is wrong with me? 

Possibly to much money to spare? ?

I must be a sad case as all my interests revolve around the countryside , I am just as happy with with a pair of binoculars as I am with my gun and with some perfect countryside all around me I have no reason to try any other sport , sad maybe , but I am totally contented with what I do , and how many people can say that . 

Spending time with my daughter. Since she’s been born I’ve not even opened my cabinet! However, buying things from the charity shop and painting them to look new for her, I’ve been doing lots of that. Unfortunately (for her) I’ve only got John Deere colours!

Guest stevo

Bricklaying , 

find a job you love and your never do a days work in your life . 

I’m an old school time served ( 7yrs  and then 2 yrs as an improver ) bricklayer . 

Never done anything else , not interested in anything else , can’t do anything else.

but I can build ANYTHING you want 

love it ??