RAM - ddr3 pc3-12800 1600mhz 204pin

ph5172

I have an older laptop i have just reloaded and added windows 10

Its awful at multi tasking (i dont think the processor is the best but its only for web browsing and a course i have started) and its 4gb or ram is running at near on 50% constantly, i have removed the bloatware

I was thinking increasing the ram slightly may help?

Does anyone have another 4gb stick they would be willing to sell (it has a free slot)

As you can tell this about the limit of my laptop knowledge

My old(ish) 2013 Macbook Pro had 4gb Ram (2 x 2Gb) which was struggling, so I just upgraded to 2 x 4Gb Kinston bought off Amazon. Cost about £60 and well worth it.

I also free up my memory every couple of days which definitely helps. 

If it has a free slot then if you do want to add more ram you will have to get matched pairs for them to work properly also it might be worth checking out what mother board you have and seeing if there is the possibility of getting a better CPU you might be able to get a faster one or add more cores. Another thing to check out is are you running a 32bit machine or  64bit as you are limited to 4GB of ram with a 32bit  64bit you could get 2x8GB or more. It has been a long time since I built my last computer so I might be already out of date with some of this info but past with experiences there is always something that can be done

good luck