Crime and Punishment in the snowflake age

Rewulf

You may have seen the story about the woman covered in flour and egg by yobs in Bury.

https://news.sky.com/story/why-me-asks-vulnerable-woman-covered-in-flour-and-eggs-11454406

The little darlings were soon apprehended after uploading their ' hilarious' picture to social media with their faces clearly visible.
Not the brightest by any stretch.

But theres more, due to their sudden rise in 'popularity' across social platforms the hunters are now the hunted, with death threats coming in thick and fast !

One of these brave boys is due to celebrate his 16th birthday shortly, and him and mummy are worried it might ruin the celebrations ?

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/996687/suffolk-news-vulnerable-woman-attack-picture-gang-violence-bury-st-edmunds

I am actually lost for words, another example of how todays young people think they can do whatever they want, and face no consequences.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was Bury St Edmunds, thankfully not the Bury near me.

One parent did the right thing and made his son face up to what had been done - well done.

The other muppet, who complains about her son's birthday party, is the other end of the spectrum. I would have cancelled any birthday party. Perhaps she could remind us what the party is for. Is it to celebrate the 16 years this scum has been amongst us? Whilst I am no fan of vigilante justice, these cretins have plenty of time to reflect on cause and effect.

I would have got a good old fashioned spanking, dragged round to her house to apologise and offer my sevices for anything she needed help with (for proably a year). As for the Birthday party that would have been cancelled and all presents returned.

But nowadays it my poor little angel wouldn't have done that unless he was coerced into it. And a slap on the wrist from the authorities.

I'm a fan of the 'short sharp shock' - and that could mean corporal punishment, or a period 'inside' in a tough bootcamp type institution.  I know these don't go down well nowadays, but some deterrent is needed - and today soft regimes (TV, video games, phones) don't tick the box (in my view).

If I had ever done anything like that - there would have been HELL to pay at home, not a birthday party!

Corporal punishment would meet with my approval. A few swift strokes of the birch would seem appropriate. Their behaviour is pathetic on many levels.

1. They pick on a female.

2. She is a vulnerable female.

3. There were four of them.

4. They stood around smirking afterwards.

5. They took photos.

6. They stupidly shared them on social media.

7. One parent bleats about a birthday party, without a thought about the victim or just what a piece of scum their son is.

3 hours ago, Rewulf said:

You may have seen the story about the woman covered in flour and egg by yobs in Bury.

https://news.sky.com/story/why-me-asks-vulnerable-woman-covered-in-flour-and-eggs-11454406

The little darlings were soon apprehended after uploading their ' hilarious' picture to social media with their faces clearly visible.
Not the brightest by any stretch.

But theres more, due to their sudden rise in 'popularity' across social platforms the hunters are now the hunted, with death threats coming in thick and fast !

One of these brave boys is due to celebrate his 16th birthday shortly, and him and mummy are worried it might ruin the celebrations ?

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/996687/suffolk-news-vulnerable-woman-attack-picture-gang-violence-bury-st-edmunds

I am actually lost for words, another example of how todays young people think they can do whatever they want, and face no consequences.

Nothing that a good flogging would not cure!

2 hours ago, Gordon R said:

Corporal punishment would meet with my approval. A few swift strokes of the birch would seem appropriate. Their behaviour is pathetic on many levels.

5. They took photos.

7. One parent bleats about a birthday party, without a thought about the victim or just what a piece of scum their son is.

Bang on Gordon, & all because they could with little or no retribution from the victim.

The flogging with the Birch banged up on Social Media for all to see...:lol:

4 hours ago, Gordon R said:

5. They took photos.

Agree!!!

It's pathetic really. A parent is a role model and by insisting her son is a good kid,  she is telling him that sort of behaviour is acceptable. As above, my parents would have beaten the hell out of me. 

I don't know why the whole lot of them aren't charged with assault. I'm no fan of vigilantes, but if these kids get a few smacks in the mouth, I won't shed a tear for them. 

15 hours ago, Gordon R said:

5. They took photos.

Totally agree Gordon.

Respect and discipline has been completely lost over the years. The police and teachers are not able to discipline miscreants for fear of recrimination. In my day, not only did you get a clip round the ear from the local Bobby, another 'severe' reprimand from your Dad when you got home if ever he found out. 

My nephew who lives in Switzerland had stones thrown at his car whilst driving through a small village. On mentioning this to the local police to warn other motorists, the police told him in future, to stop, get out and give them a good clip round the ear, which is what the police there are still allowed to do. How refreshing is that ? Sadly wouldn't happen here now, perhaps 50 years ago maybe. His boys lead a very good but simple life with outdoor hobbies of fishing, shooting, rock climbing etc. They don't have xboxes, not even a TV, but are allowed one hour per day on their iPads. Kids over there don't seem to be pampered like ours. Parents are banned from taking their kids to school by car. They have to walk, cycle or catch a bus or in their case, a fenicular railway down the mountain to Lake Geneva and then a two mile walk to school.. Hence no congestion or school run problems.

That's where it all started to go wrong with the 'Do-Gooders' , Human Rights, etc. telling us how we should bring up our kids. 

Bring back National Service. That'll sort most of them out. Works in most countries where conscription is still a part of the youths growing up and character building regime.

Rant over, 

OB

44 minutes ago, moose man said:

my old fella finding out would have been my biggest worry by a country mile ..

30 minutes ago, walshie said:

A parent is a role model

.... and I think this is the big underlying problem here.  Our parents took responsibility for their children's behaviour.  They were proud of us when we did right, and disciplined us when we did wrong.  They set a good example (well in my case in most ways - my father was terrible about not wearing his seat belt etc!!!)  We quickly learned that doing wrong would have unwanted consequences.  And that is how every youngster learns, - from his or her parents.

I think there was once a plan to punish parents for certain of their children's misdemeanour's (truancy?).  Not sure if it ever came into law.

" KIDS HAVING KIDS" due to the housing points system , single parent mothers who's children have children with no father figure grow up totally feral and have no boundaries and just join the benefit culture. The only role model is the gang culture and drug dealers making 3K a week and a big car.

National Service would give them a role model and you can not claim benefits unless you have served. 

Perhaps  when the country is free from the Brussels elite we can make some rules that stick .

Edited by pigeon controller

1 minute ago, pigeon controller said:

Perhaps  when the country is free from the Brussels elite we can make some rules that stick .

It's a nice thought, but I'm afraid it won't happen.

Labour are the party of benefits

The Tories won't risk a major change like that .... too many (voters) already on benefits

The army won't want National Service.  We have a 1st class professional army, but now quite small though high in skills and training, and having to 'basic train' a load of 'rabble' who don't want to be there is the last thing they want.  I can understand that as it dilutes their professional core.

4 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

Ever so slightly off topic, but an interesting and both amusing and true view expressed here;

https://randolphwest.ca/2006/09/charles-j-sykes-some-rules-kids-wont-learn-in-school/?entry=entry060928-084532

Very good. Stolen and sent to my step kids (18 & 20). I know, but a hell of a lot still applies.