Crime and Punishment in the snowflake age

Rewulf

26 minutes ago, Saltings said:

tie all four to the same bench for a few hours  set up a stall with eggs  flour bombs and water bombs and charge £1 a go and all proceeds to go to charity  see how they would like it    mums little angels

Excellent idea! 

I like the idea of public shaming, its a true deterrent, they are doing it locally through newspapers, online and paper.
But a public show, would really grate on some offenders sense of machismo.
Obviously never going to happen due to 'human rights' issues, but I can dream.

#bringbackstocks

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

But that will just bring us down to their level!

A public shaming in the stocks was apparently suggested by one of the local councillors although with tongue very firmly in his cheek!

'Their level' sinks lower by the week, you have people getting stabbed for nothing , acid thrown in babies faces, and a feral, mad max style mentality amongst the young(ish)
Time to try something different methinks, and I think we can safely say that ASBO type penalties and community orders have failed on EVERY level, kids think theyre hilarious !
You cant lock the little cherubs up, because A. Theres nowhere to put them, and B. They might get upset and cry.

That councillor wants to take his tongue out of his cheek, and see if the parents of the boys involved would like to PROVE how ashamed they are , and volunteer the boys for some medieval punishment, wipe the slate clean as it were.

When a solution to a problem doesnt work, and never really has, its time for a different solution.

Just now, Rewulf said:

'Their level' sinks lower by the week, you have people getting stabbed for nothing , acid thrown in babies faces, and a feral, mad max style mentality amongst the young(ish)
Time to try something different methinks, and I think we can safely say that ASBO type penalties and community orders have failed on EVERY level, kids think theyre hilarious !
You cant lock the little cherubs up, because A. Theres nowhere to put them, and B. They might get upset and cry.

That councillor wants to take his tongue out of his cheek, and see if the parents of the boys involved would like to PROVE how ashamed they are , and volunteer the boys for some medieval punishment, wipe the slate clean as it were.

When a solution to a problem doesnt work, and never really has, its time for a different solution.

Something like proper policing? just as it used to be before the lilly livered liberals took over everything?

1 minute ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Something like proper policing? just as it used to be before the lilly livered liberals took over everything?

Even the police will tell you this.
 IF you can catch the perps, IF you can get them charged without a solicitor throwing a spanner in, IF the CPS  thinks its worthy to take it to court, IF another defence solicitor/barrister doesnt get them off, or witness's actually testify and are not intimidated ect.
Then you will hear the sob story of the troubled childhood, he/ she was coerced into it, a 'victim' of circumstance blah blah ..

If you can get all these things right.
Then the magistrates/ judge will give them a slap on the wrist, and they will snigger their way out of court, thoroughly admonished..NOT!

Oh I quite agree, whenever I have been to court it is pretty damned clear who is there as the defendant and who is appearing against them. The slovenly dress code of hoodies and track pants and trainers and their general demeanour show little respect for the way decent people conduct themselves.

Oh and as I type Tommy Robinson has been released, a move in the correct direction, possibly a retrial as well.

7 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Oh I quite agree, whenever I have been to court it is pretty damned clear who is there as the defendant and who is appearing against them. The slovenly dress code of hoodies and track pants and trainers and their general demeanour show little respect for the way decent people conduct themselves.

Oh and as I type Tommy Robinson has been released, a move in the correct direction, possibly a retrial as well.

?

3 hours ago, Saltings said:

tie all four to the same bench for a few hours  set up a stall with eggs  flour bombs and water bombs and charge £1 a go and all proceeds to go to charity  see how they would like it    mums little angels

Proceeds could go to the women they assaulted without provocation.

£5 a go if you want to use tar and feathers or something different in the balloon.  Stick me down for £20 worth. 

On ‎01‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 16:38, Retsdon said:

It wouldn't happen in Saudi. Just saying....

No, far worse would and as the attackers were male and victim female, SHE would likely be punished for not getting out of the way their flour! <_<

Properly administer corporal punishment, preferably done in public, is the only way i can see the declining behaviour of youths (and adults who still haven't grown out of such behaviours)being brought under control. Crying your eyes out while being birched in front of your vicitms and their families/the rest of the town is likely to bring a 'gangsta' attitude to heal pretty rapidly.

5 minutes ago, Breastman said:

Properly administer corporal punishment, preferably done in public, is the only way i can see the declining behaviour of youths (and adults who still haven't grown out of such behaviours)being brought under control. Crying your eyes out while being birched in front of your vicitms and their families/the rest of the town is likely to bring a 'gangsta' attitude to heal pretty rapidly.

I could say 'desperate times call for desperate measures'

Then someone would say, 'times arent THAT desperate lol '

'How desperate do you want them to be ?' I would say.

The desperate measures of dealing with out of control crime in the future, may be far less appealing to the snowflake generation, than a bit of 'inhumane' corporal punishment.

On 01/08/2018 at 13:22, walshie said:

Proceeds could go to the women they assaulted without provocation.

£5 a go if you want to use tar and feathers or something different in the balloon.  Stick me down for £20 worth. 

If i could use a Birch id pay a £100 to teach them the error of their ways.

17 minutes ago, figgy said:

If i could use a Birch id pay a £100 to teach them the error of their ways.

You and tens of thousands of others !
I dont think there would be much of a shortage of people willing to deal out a bit of 'community payback' ?

Apparently on the Isle of Magic before the birch was scrapped, the person who administered it was the biggest policeman you ever did see. Seem to recall he commented once he had never birched the same one twice ?

Two scumbags on the edge of leaving teenage years (mainland tearaways) were arrested and sentenced to a birching (for what I don't recall). On being interviewed by the press afterwards they both said if ever they went back to the IoM they would be the best behaved people to ever visit the island.

Not sure about the mainland though.

"Community payback" I do like that expression. 'You are hereby sentenced to community payback, (scrote smirks) 'ten lashes' (panic sets in, calls for mummy and daddy) Dragged out of court (screaming) and sentence carried out on the courtroom steps.

Oh I can wish can't I.

An interesting concept C & P.

It could well be that the decline in behaviour is being promoted as a means of a cheap form of social control?

Why else is it being allowed to continue, making people continually look over their shoulder distracts for a while?

On 31/07/2018 at 21:09, motty said:

I think the 16 year old should get a good hiding for his birthday. As for saying the kids have got nothing to do, what a load of old ********!

As for saying the kids have got nothing to do, what a load of old ********!.     How often do we here that pathetic excuse now days, its a case of muppets breeding muppets. As has been said, 12 months in a boot camp, sadly that will never happen because the pc brigade would never allow it.

On 31/07/2018 at 16:46, Gordon R said:

Corporal punishment would meet with my approval. A few swift strokes of the birch would seem appropriate. Their behaviour is pathetic on many levels.

1. They pick on a female.

2. She is a vulnerable female.

3. There were four of them.

4. They stood around smirking afterwards.

5. They took photos.

6. They stupidly shared them on social media.

7. One parent bleats about a birthday party, without a thought about the victim or just what a piece of scum their son is.

Donn't know about the birch, the cat would do rather more damage and they could pose with their backs on social media.:unhappy:

12 minutes ago, das said:

Donn't know about the birch, the cat would do rather more damage and they could pose with their backs on social media.

Naw, stick with the birch. Don't want to abuse their ooman rights do we? They would not be too keen to show their bums on social media showing their smacked like a school boy medals.  Besides as neither will ever be introduced (reintroduced) it's a bit academic. Anyone with a modicum of foresight should be able to see that when the situation gets worse (and it will). Draconian measures will be needed to put it right, (already alluded to earlier).The PC bullies won't like that nor will the snowflakes, or ooman rightists

Just wish that I had 20/30 years in front of me to see how it turns out.

1 hour ago, henry d said:

So how much would you pay to prevent rather than punish?

Or do you like the idea of punishment rather than prevention? Just saying...as some say

It doesn't work, ten pounds or ten million per person, in the vast majority of cases, people who do bad things, will continue to do wrong.

9 hours ago, henry d said:

Or do you like the idea of punishment rather than prevention? Just saying...as some say

Henry, the punishment IS the prevention ,if you fear it.

Lack of fear of the punishment handed out these days, is the biggest driver of crime.

You can blame poverty ,boredom ,drugs, family life, or abuse. But if no one fears the law and justice system, NOTHING is going to stop them doing that crime until they do fear the consequences of their actions.

9 hours ago, henry d said:

Won't work; whatever methods are used to promote such a concept would like every other quango type organisation soak up the money for no benefit. In order to live together without too much friction we are expected to live by a set of by the laws and rules. 

When those rules are broken the culprits are supposedly brought to book by the authorities be they the courts, parents, schools or any other group with authority to so do. That system is breaking down criminally and anti socially. The rate of breakdown will accelerate as perps of all kinds get away with whatever.

So is it sensible to invest in bribing scrotes at the bottom end of the anti social ladder to be good boys. They will take whatever is on offer be it clubs, adventure breaks, educational courses and be naughty just the same.

I for one would not invest a single penny, I would rather give money to the RSPCA and on here that is saying something.

I for one don't like the idea of locking people up for years or inflicting pain however such a lot of toerags deserve one or the other.

Instead of asking such a question Henry why don't you suggest possible 'cures' (doubt if anyone can). I'd be interested in your view. 

57 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Henry, the punishment IS the prevention ,if you fear it.

Lack of fear of the punishment handed out these days, is the biggest driver of crime.

You can blame poverty ,boredom ,drugs, family life, or abuse. But if no one fears the law and justice system, NOTHING is going to stop them doing that crime until they do fear the consequences of their actions.

One of my mates 40yr ago was a naughty boy in the IOM, waiting for his trial date banged up he was terrified that the punishment was going to be the birch...