Crime and Punishment in the snowflake age

Rewulf

15 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

You do like to add 2+2 and come up with something like 1037483929377499273748392733682920017 ?

Ive yet to hear him add what he would do different, besides stroking the perps head and telling them how brave they are for surviving their terrible childhood, and poor start in life.
Before they go out and rob some innocent, or stick their zombie knife in someones guts.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7033522/camberwell-stabbing-gang-fight-south-london/

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Ive yet to hear him add what he would do different, besides stroking the perps head and telling them how brave they are for surviving their terrible childhood, and poor start in life.
Before they go out and rob some innocent, or stick their zombie knife in someones guts.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7033522/camberwell-stabbing-gang-fight-south-london/

If ever there was an article proving crime is out of control and punishment is clearly no deterrent in the UK, this is it.

I would go further. If you catch one out of say eight who was involved in the knife fight - make them serve the sentences for all eight, if they will not identify their criminal friends. Honour among thieves - not grassing etc - I wonder how long that would last. Clearly the law would need to be changed, but how much more will the public tolerate before there is a clamour for real action?

If anyone thinks that is unfair and harsh - tough.

• 3 months later...

Too many have been brought up with the whole world revolving around them, oh we must move to be closer to the school, we must get a big tough car to drive them too and from school every day, we must be on hand to their every wish and want.

Then shock horror the big bad world is out there!

In other news.
Members of banned fascist group national action were sentenced, to 6.5 years jail for "a long history of violent racist beliefs"
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-46592080
Im not defending them, that kind of nazi worship is not only reprehensible , but always strikes me as a bit weird and deluded.
But 6 and a half years ? You get less for robbing a bank !

Compare it to..

J Hus , real name Momadou Jarrow, whos violent lyrics have seen his 'music' chart highly, and was a regular Radio 1 playlister, was sentenced to 8 months jail time for carrying a knife, his 4 th knife offence amongst his long list of other convictions for violence.
Despite this, Radio 1 continued playing his tracks up till his sentencing, and touted him as a 'role model' for young black teens.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-46578742
The BBC , as per their agenda , tries to explain why he  HAD to do it , and it wasnt really his fault, as he had PTSD !

What a strange world we live in where your thoughts are punished heavily if they dont fit the mould.
But are virtually ignored if you are of a minority ?
Then they wonder where these far right thugs come from.

7 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

In other news.
Members of banned fascist group national action were sentenced, to 6.5 years jail for "a long history of violent racist beliefs"
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-46592080
Im not defending them, that kind of nazi worship is not only reprehensible , but always strikes me as a bit weird and deluded.
But 6 and a half years ? You get less for robbing a bank !

Compare it to..

J Hus , real name Momadou Jarrow, whos violent lyrics have seen his 'music' chart highly, and was a regular Radio 1 playlister, was sentenced to 8 months jail time for carrying a knife, his 4 th knife offence amongst his long list of other convictions for violence.
Despite this, Radio 1 continued playing his tracks up till his sentencing, and touted him as a 'role model' for young black teens.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-46578742
The BBC , as per their agenda , tries to explain why he  HAD to do it , and it wasnt really his fault, as he had PTSD !

What a strange world we live in where your thoughts are punished heavily if they dont fit the mould.
But are virtually ignored if you are of a minority ?
Then they wonder where these far right thugs come from.

Barmy, ain't it?

2 hours ago, henry d said:

Not really, each case is taken on its own merit. NA was a known neo-nazi group that was a terrorist organisation and had supported Thomas Mair`s action when he murdered Jo Cox all of which led it to being proscribed and anyone belonging to it would be jailed.

Of course it is, and I was going to agree with the entirety of your post, bar the fact that I thought the sentence somewhat heavy.

But I got to thinking about it, and tried to find out what the sentencing trend was for belonging to a proscribed organisation, the maximum being 10 years for a section 12 offence and 6 months for a sec 13 *
To understand what a proscribed group is , the HO says this.
PROSCRIPTION CRITERIA What is a proscribed organisation?
A. Under the Terrorism Act 2000, the Home Secretary may proscribe an organisation if she believes it is concerned in terrorism, and it is proportionate to do. For the purposes of the Act, this means that the organisation: • commits or participates in acts of terrorism; • prepares for terrorism; • promotes or encourages terrorism (including the unlawful glorification of terrorism); or • is otherwise concerned in terrorism.
What is meant by ‘terrorism’ in the proscription context? A. “Terrorism” as defined in the Act, means the use or threat which: involves serious violence against a person; involves serious damage to property; endangers a person’s life (other than that of the person committing the act); creates a serious risk to the health or safety of the public or section of the public; or is designed seriously to interfere with or seriously to disrupt an electronic system. The use or threat of such action must be designed to influence the government or an international governmental organisation or to intimidate the public or a section of the public and be undertaken for the purpose of advancing a political, religious, racial or ideological cause.
What determines whether proscription is proportionate? A. If the statutory test is met, the Secretary of State will consider whether to exercise her discretion to proscribe the organisation. In considering whether to exercise this discretion, the Secretary of State will take into account other factors, including: • the nature and scale of an organisation’s activities; • the specific threat that it poses to the UK; • the specific threat that it poses to British nationals overseas; • the extent of the organisation’s presence in the UK; and • the need to support other members of the international community in the global fight against terrorism.

So along the lines of what I said in my previous post, the members of NA , although having not committed any violent acts themselves, received the 2/3 rds of the maximum sentence.

However, if belonging to , or supporting a proscribed group, that has not actually carried out any terrorist acts,  gets you six and a half years in a prison, ( likely a prison with a large population of people who really dont agree with your ideology) is the norm, then what happens if you support a real terrorist organisation that has been responsible for killing hundreds of British and European civilians, completely wrecked several countries, destabilised relations between superpowers, cost us billions, and created a humanitarian disaster that will echo for decades ?
Oh, and a court case costing millions mr choudry ?
Five and a half years ! But out after 2 😂
Not to mention the tens of  thousands of his supporters (who never got jailed) who belong or support these banned groups-

Al Ghurabaa - Proscribed July 2006 Al Ghurabaa / The Saved Sect is an Islamist group which seeks to establish an Islamic Caliphate ruled by Shariah law. The group first emerged as Al Muhajiroun in the UK, in 1996, led by Omar Bakri Muhammed, who then publicly disbanded the organisation in 2004. The organisation reformed in 2004 under the names Al Ghurabaa and the Saved Sect. While the Group has some links to groups overseas, it is based and operates within the UK. Note: The Government laid Orders, in January 2010 and November 2011, which provide that “Al Muhajiroun”, “Islam4UK”, “Call to Submission”, “Islamic Path”, “London School of Sharia” and “Muslims Against Crusades” should be treated as alternative names for the organisation which is already proscribed under the names Al Ghurabaa and The Saved Sect. 7 The Government laid an Order, in June 2014 recognising “Need4Khilafah”, the “Shariah Project” and the “Islamic Dawah Association” as the same as the organisation proscribed as Al Ghurabaa and The Saved Sect, which is also known as “Al Muhajiroun”.

Just saying.....

*https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/670599/20171222_Proscription.pdf
A section 13 offence could be carrying an ISIS  flag ect , in public (thereby showing support) carrying  a 6 months jail term.
I can find no such instance of anyone being jailed for such.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/jul/05/man-carrying-isis-flag-near-parliament-not-arrested-police-criticised

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/590133/Cross-of-St-George-vs-ISIS-flag-Why-is-one-banned-and-the-other-FINE

• 1 month later...

Again , rather than start a new thread, I saw this today.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8322268/brother-yells-year-sisters-life-court-outburst-killer/

Convicted drug dealer and gang member recently released from a 30 month prison sentence for dealing crack and smack, convicted of manslaughter of his 17 year old girlfriend, gets 2 years and 3 months.

"Oluwaseyi Dada, 21, beat up 17-year-old Katrina Makunova in the days before her death and even sent a text saying: 'Don't play that game before I stab you."

"He was arrested on suspicion of murder but his charge was later dropped down to manslaughter.

As Dada was led down to the cells at the Old Bailey today, he pointedly turned to grin at the victim's family."

"The court heard how 6ft 5in tall gang member Dada towered over Ms Makunova as the pair fought about a Versace handbag he had bought her a few months earlier.

During the struggle Katrina fell on to the handbag, which contained the six inch knife that pierced the bag and penetrated her chest, the killer claimed."

Good to see the courts handing out strong sentences to deter criminal behaviour.:no:

On a brighter note the 18 year old with the zombie knife in Croydon who escaped prison has had his sentence appealed and was given a 4 year custodial sentence reduced to 3 1/2 years to account for his community service served.

Still not long enough in my opinion but at least he is in prison not on the streets.

7 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Again , rather than start a new thread, I saw this today.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8322268/brother-yells-year-sisters-life-court-outburst-killer/

Convicted drug dealer and gang member recently released from a 30 month prison sentence for dealing crack and smack, convicted of manslaughter of his 17 year old girlfriend, gets 2 years and 3 months.

"Oluwaseyi Dada, 21, beat up 17-year-old Katrina Makunova in the days before her death and even sent a text saying: 'Don't play that game before I stab you."

"He was arrested on suspicion of murder but his charge was later dropped down to manslaughter.

As Dada was led down to the cells at the Old Bailey today, he pointedly turned to grin at the victim's family."

"The court heard how 6ft 5in tall gang member Dada towered over Ms Makunova as the pair fought about a Versace handbag he had bought her a few months earlier.

During the struggle Katrina fell on to the handbag, which contained the six inch knife that pierced the bag and penetrated her chest, the killer claimed."

Good to see the courts handing out strong sentences to deter criminal behaviour.

When was the sentencing if it is within 28 day the email the 'unduly lenient sentence' scheme.

5 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

When was the sentencing if it is within 28 day the email the 'unduly lenient sentence' scheme.

Why can't judges hand out appropriate sentence to start with?

The man's an obvious scumbag, and I have my doubts over how it happened, but Jesus! That's just an insult to the girls family, and like the shepard case another instance where its the perp blaming the victim for their own death? 

Except he got 6 years? 

23 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Why can't judges hand out appropriate sentence to start with?

The man's an obvious scumbag, and I have my doubts over how it happened, but Jesus! That's just an insult to the girls family, and like the shepard case another instance where its the perp blaming the victim for their own death? 

Except he got 6 years? 

Yeah, it would be nice to have some consistency with our so called justice system.