Thin leather gloves

PPP

Hi, any suggestions for where to acquire these? I suffer from ‘rusty hands’ and is it’s side by side time again soon I could do with a new pair.  Ideally unlined and as cool as possible, I sense some 30 degree walked up days ahead...

We shot with some Yanks in January and their ‘kit’ was decades beyond that which we can access. Everything and anything and stuff we’ve never seen or thought about and it’s not outgeous money.

It appeared to be because so many people are in the states and so many of them shoot and fish the industries supporting Sporting pursuits are always advancing, developing and there’s stiff competition chasing the dollars. 

They had IIRC Orvis leather fishing gloves that were the absolute nuts.Thin, soft, flexible and with a lifetime warranty. We were all drooling over them - I nearly got a trade going (they didn’t appear to have seen the inner active ear plugs) but they didn’t have my glove size.

So, get yourself to yank land and go shopping.

i have used golfing gloves for god knows how many decades......some of them can be a bit gareish ...so i use a indelible felt pen (black) on the white bits....i find those gloves are much better than purpose made ones..........

11 minutes ago, Smokersmith said:

You can't get them in a size 7 though ???

:lol::lol::lol:

22 minutes ago, DUNKS said:

WYMBERLEY 

Hi are most of your 10.000 posts as helpful as this last one. To anyone interested the gloves are GREY. My son an ex RAF fast jet pilot has many pairs GREY

Hopefully, well most of the time anyway. If you ignore the "RAF style" offerings - usually no cuff - I can't seem to find any grey - pale or otherwise on offer. When I kicked off they were white/cream - pearl - and then went tone down green - all mine have worn out way back - and then to black. I do concede that in a period when all was well before I had to start 'acquiring'  some replacements some grey versions may have crept in and then disappeared again. Many of my pairs of pearl were various shades of grey by the time I found them. Also I do confess that having spent the vast portion of my pensionable engagement working on various small fast jets - some not so small - i did not realise that these aircrew were given different gloves to the bigger fixed wing or rotary guys.

The aircrew ones are quite durable but never- the- less are thin and the one area prone to wear is the thumb - the ball of which running on a rough safety catch. The genuine ones have a cuff for a reason and this is quite handy for taking a piece out and sewing it over a holey thumb.

I've been wearing some Mark Todd riding gloves for some years. They are warm and comfortable. I have a lady friend who is big into horses and mentioned this topic to her as my gloves are looking a little world weary and she suggested a visit to a local tack shop where there are several newer types on sale which are improved on my old ones so find yourself a horsey lass and check out the stock.

Edited by norfolk dumpling
Spelling!

6 hours ago, norfolk dumpling said:

I've been wearing some Mark Todd riding gloves for some years. They are warm and comfortable. I have a lady friend who is big into horses and mentioned this topic to her as my gloves are looking a little world weary and she suggested a visit to a local tack shop where there are several newer types on sale which are improved on my old ones so find yourself a horsey lass and check out the stock.

Great, thanks