20g English 6s

4 hours ago, cookoff013 said:

what a odd post. 
mk38, you are not going to loose birds because of the nationality of the lead.

Not sure if you're joking.... but there is an 'English' shot size system which doesn't necessarily correspond to US/European. I think (?) a European 6 would be an English 5 i.e not a 6 as we would know it. OP wants a load which is definitely size 6 and cartridges/components from abroad might be labelled for a different market. 

Guest cookoff013

i am taking the mick because there is italian / continental and english and US shotsizes. not to mention the antimony content and the equivalencies.

the higher the antimony content the lighter the density of the lead, meaning some smaller high antimony lead shotsizes actually equate to a smaller shotsize. and shotsize is calculated by shop pieces per ounce. 

Guest cookoff013
8 hours ago, motty said:

Do you REALLY need a true English 6?

yeah, thats my point exactly. infact if you were to need a exact english #6 you pretty much cant use any shell because the tollerence of shotsize can have manufacturers use +/-  1 or half shotsize. you`d need a micrometer, scales, and metalurgy to recognise a true english #6. 

to the OP.

just buy shells with #6 on the side. dont worry.

On 01/08/2018 at 12:42, HW95J said:

Not sure if you're joking.... but there is an 'English' shot size system which doesn't necessarily correspond to US/European. I think (?) a European 6 would be an English 5 i.e not a 6 as we would know it. OP wants a load which is definitely size 6 and cartridges/components from abroad might be labelled for a different market. 

No not joking I have  muller chokes in and  28g 6s are the  biggest you can go 

Guest cookoff013
3 hours ago, mk 38 said:

No not joking I have  muller chokes in and  28g 6s are the  biggest you can go 

What is stopping you going bigger? #serious?