Mossberg hushpower 20g. Shell advice

Hi all. Well I've saved me pennies and just orders the 20g hushpower. It's probably been asked many times ,but what are you chaps using. I've heard differing info on shot size.,sub,not sub.just some heads up please before I spend my hard earned on a load of different ammo.  Thanks Chris..... 

I am using husspower shot size 5 and the crows just love it had no compalaints from them.

Its not so quiet as you think but if you are in a good hide it does not seem to put them of was in pheasant pens shooting crows that are eating all the feed the keeper is putting down i shot 75 crows and the pheasant chicks where just walking round my feet not taking a bit of notice.

1 hour ago, Sparky88 said:

Hi all. Well I've saved me pennies and just orders the 20g hushpower. It's probably been asked many times ,but what are you chaps using. I've heard differing info on shot size.,sub,not sub.just some heads up please before I spend my hard earned on a load of different ammo.  Thanks Chris..... 

if you are going to use it a lot then look into reloading.

Mine and my mates .cycle game bore and nsi carts with no problems .

Hull and layvale can stick in the breech sometimes .

A standard  28 grm of no 6 .will be spot on .dont be fooled into thinking you need hushpower carts they make no difference beyond 50 yds to the noise .they just kill less well .

Buy a slab of gamebore regal 28 gm no6 and enjoy. 

1 hour ago, snow white said:

I am using husspower shot size 5 and the crows just love it had no compalaints from them.

Its not so quiet as you think but if you are in a good hide it does not seem to put them of was in pheasant pens shooting crows that are eating all the feed the keeper is putting down i shot 75 crows and the pheasant chicks where just walking round my feet not taking a bit of notice.

Nice work pal. One to try then. Cheers.chris

21 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

Mine and my mates .cycle game bore and nsi carts with no problems .

Hull and layvale can stick in the breech sometimes .

A standard  28 grm of no 6 .will be spot on .dont be fooled into thinking you need hushpower carts they make no difference beyond 50 yds to the noise .they just kill less well .

Buy a slab of gamebore regal 28 gm no6 and enjoy. 

Yeh. I've heard don't bother with subs. Then people say just use subs. I'm trying to get the general preference of you lads. Chris 

These mossys come with a modified choke. Which in a 20b produces quite a tight pattern and as such your accuracy needs to be good. With correct gun fit essential .

They have a tendancy to shoot low (due to the mod obscuring the natural sight line) .the best way of fixing this is to raise the comb on the stock .

The porting on the barrel can rob a bit of energy from the shot and as such i find no7.5 s not to kill very well beyond 25 yds. 

40 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

These mossys come with a modified choke. Which in a 20b produces quite a tight pattern and as such your accuracy needs to be good. With correct gun fit essential .

They have a tendancy to shoot low (due to the mod obscuring the natural sight line) .the best way of fixing this is to raise the comb on the stock .

The porting on the barrel can rob a bit of energy from the shot and as such i find no7.5 s not to kill very well beyond 25 yds. 

Ok buddy. Thanks for your help. Chris ...