Shed interior lining.

Penelope

I have just bought a 12 x 6 shed to turn into a canary bird room to house cages for breeding. The kit comes with insulation but no internal cladding/lining. What would be the best option?

I am leaning towards hardboard as I need to retain as much internal space as possible, would this be suitable?  I have considered plasterboard (too heavy?) and ply (expensive).

Tight **** :rolleyes:

when those canaries move in, they will just tell it like In is! Cheap cheap cheap.

if you can find a supply of old interior doors, just peel off the hardboard panels, already painted and free too. Easy enough to pass over a table saw to cut a strip off to remove the hole where the handle went! 

We sometimes get sheets of it at work that have been used to line pallets. 

16 minutes ago, Yellow Bear said:

11mm osb then ou can fix to it if necessary,

That will reduce the internal space too much.

The plan is to have two blocks of 4 breeding/flight cages, each with 4 x 16" cage fronts so will come in around 66 -68" long for each block of 4 on the back wall (the cages will have ends and dividers at 16" intervals) and 14" deep giving a total of 32 individual cages with the dividers in place. Then a couple of small kitchen units and a worktop on the window side, so every inch is at a premium.

The lining is just to hide/hold the insulation in place and will be painted. The cages will be on a free standing plinth.

Edited by Penelope

29 minutes ago, wisdom said:

Mine were in the garage no insulation though. They bred well.Good ventilation with no draughts is vital.

Wooden sheds are quite warm.

The shed has 4 opening windows, so ventilation will not be an issue and draughts will be excluded. The garage is full of road bikes, fridges and freezers and shooting kit, mostly duck and goose decoys.