Lindisfarne Wildfowling More Restrictions

grahamch

Just to let folk know if you haven't had an email from BASC that the access for fowling at Lindisfarne has been severely restricted for the coming season.

There is effectively no parking or access to the shore or sands from the Beal car park at the causeway. this effectively closes the top half of the reserve as the only other access is Fenham Mill with very little parking.

There was no explanation provided by the BASC as to why the closure has occurred. 

Guess it will see a fall of in permit sales. 

The is a map provided on the BASC Northern page. 

Looks like the possible end of another fowling ground. 

Guest stevo
1 hour ago, ShootingEgg said:

If that is true then apart from negotiate what can anyone do, land owner is in pole position on this... 

Simple ...... tell the greedy knob to shove it. 

Hit him in his pocket. 

You pay him more money now. Your end up paying more and more  every season. 

6 minutes ago, stevo said:

Simple ...... tell the greedy knob to shove it. 

Hit him in his pocket. 

You pay him more money now. Your end up paying more and more  every season. 

Flip side to that, you lose the perm completely.

Negotiate a cost per year for say a 10 20 30 40 year lease. Then no increase. 

1 minute ago, stagboy said:

I wonder if it is wise to advertise this issue on an open forum?

Is it an issue if the land owner says no? Plenty of land owners say no to people shooting on their land, we dont have a right to do it, we have the option to ask, then the land owner has an option to say yes or no. 

Guest stevo
5 hours ago, ShootingEgg said:

Flip side to that, you lose the perm completely.

Negotiate a cost per year for say a 10 20 30 40 year lease. Then no increase. 

4 hours ago, ShootingEgg said:

Better still as a club negotiate. The land owner is the one with the power, money oriented or not he/she has the final say. 

Yes but let’s face it ....

it’s not really a very shooter friendly place at the moment and by the looks of the bad press it’s attracted it won’t be for a long time yet , 

maybe as shooters we really should just try to stop trying to smooth over everything with flashing a bit of cash , it does no body any good and just ends up pushing the “man on a budget out “ that to me is unfair by those who can afford it . 

If you want respect , grows some balls for Christ sake ! 

And earn it .

Edited by stevo

22 minutes ago, stevo said:

Yes but let’s face it ....

it’s not really a very shooter friendly place at the moment and by the looks of the bad press it’s attracted it won’t be for a long time yet , 

maybe as shooters we really should just try to stop trying to smooth over everything with flashing a bit of cash , it does no body any good and just ends up pushing the “man on a budget out “ that to me is unfair by those who can afford it . 

If you want respect , grows some balls for Christ sake ! 

And earn it .

I am in no way one who can afford it.. But from what people have said it sounds as if money is one reason why it can't be shot over... And fowling clubs charge members so if the members want to pay to shoot then they can... Again options and choices... 

As I recall back in the day when Lindisfarne Reserve came into being, some of the land was not Crown owned but included in the deeds of local farms.   Perhaps some of those farm owners now wish to exploit the shooting on Fenham Flats that this situation has come about??    I shot there in pre - reserve days when it could be a bit Wild Westish, I remember a dog knocking over a gun propped against a car at Beal car park and by God's good grace no one was injured when it discharged at ground level.   Finally I have not shot Lindisfarne since the ban on lead shot came into being so no present day knowledge.

Blackpowder

• 2 weeks later...

i have not been up for past two seasons due to health issues but also because of two or three idiots that go up there who have no clue about fowling just firing at ducks 100 yards up and using lead i believe...when i approached one of them he told me there was no room further south as his two mates were there i told him to .... off and when i approached the warden he just defended them saying they were seasoned fowlers...yeh right...i was told later that they had been caught using lead shot so there is the answer....all i know is the lease lapsed and there busy neogociating a new one until then i will steer clear until it tidys up its act and maybe stop people just walking on with no knowledge of fowling they need to be put with expierienced fowlers for a stint before going it alone....38 years fowling and its sad to see it like this lindisfarne as on its day it is 2nd to none for fowling....crying shame ;-( dt.