On 07/08/2018 at 16:32, Gerry78 said:

LEE456 everyone with a gun dog will give you different opinions which is what you asked  ? My advice for you if you have a breed which you have your heart set on then go for that breed means then you will never second guess yourself mate

Cheers looks like ive started ww3 on here relised before i posted id be opening a can of worms just trying to avoid the obvious or not so obvious pitfalls springer or sprocker (spaniel) for me would be the logical choice 

23 hours ago, daveboy said:

I wouldn't have a Labrador. Have you seen how many of their owners end up blind ?

😂 

Lee456 when i wanted my first gun dog i like you asked people who i shot with there opinions they certainly give me them on the pros and cons of the breeds they hunted with ranging from Labs to Italian Spinone and everything in between i bought my first dog which was a Lab many moons ago and still have labradors my heart was set on a lab and as i said in earlier post go with your instinct if you fancy a springer or sprocker then go for it mate

On ‎07‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 22:38, AYA117 said:

Get a Flatcoat and as long as you stay on the medication it will work out just fine    

I am on my third and the medication really does work, also had two labs and they are much easier to train. A new pup in the spring and cannot decide which of the two to go for.

23 hours ago, Gerry78 said:

Lee456 when i wanted my first gun dog i like you asked people who i shot with there opinions they certainly give me them on the pros and cons of the breeds they hunted with ranging from Labs to Italian Spinone and everything in between i bought my first dog which was a Lab many moons ago and still have labradors my heart was set on a lab and as i said in earlier post go with your instinct if you fancy a springer or sprocker then go for it mate

Cheers have put a deposit down on a sprocker this afternoon my work starts at the end of the month 

Would like to thank everyone for the advice i decided on a springer or sprocker put a deposit down on a sprocker bitch this afternoon a lot to do with the shoot i have dykes ect plus my rough shoot is one man and his dog my work starts at the end of August im sure it will be challenging and hopefully rewarding thanks again 

10 hours ago, B725 said:

Good luck with it let us all know how you get on 👍

12 hours ago, Lee456 said:

Cheers have put a deposit down on a sprocker this afternoon my work starts at the end of the month 

Would like to thank everyone for the advice i decided on a springer or sprocker put a deposit down on a sprocker bitch this afternoon a lot to do with the shoot i have dykes ect plus my rough shoot is one man and his dog my work starts at the end of August im sure it will be challenging and hopefully rewarding thanks again 

Good luck mate - post some pictures :) 

9 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

Good luck mate - post some pictures :) 

Thanks and will do 

1 hour ago, B725 said:

Before training starts shave your head it stops you pulling your hair out 😀

😂 Already done and gone

I am on my 5th Cocker and my latest is the most mental yet.  Great little dogs though if you just want a job doing, they have all hunted and retrieved superbly  if a little chaotic at times lol.  Not a peg dog.

22 hours ago, JRDS said:

I am on my 5th Cocker and my latest is the most mental yet.  Great little dogs though if you just want a job doing, they have all hunted and retrieved superbly  if a little chaotic at times lol.  Not a peg dog.

• There's a big trend atm to have cockers as peg dogs (and a few springers as well) ... try telling people they go mental... I've always found if you say something bad about someones wife, there's a better chance of them agreeing than if you say something bad about their dog 😂