Auto feeders

ShootingEgg

Due to working in middle of city and as the season aproaches and light will fade once ots started, i have decided to gwt an auto feeder for one of my flight ponds, so that it can be fed and not disturbed at the wrongs times. What are peoples routines for auto feeders? Do you set them tp feed Once a day twice a day? Morning or pm. How long do you set them to spin out for etc? Or is ot a case of trial and error

We have several feeders that we got from USA , they are Kenco straight throw feeders and they throw a straight line of barley about 20ft so we have them on poles throwing it up the shallow edges. They can be set for up to 20 seconds and work on a light sensor . Go in the morning and evening.

You may be able to get them in this country but never seen them advertised. 

24 minutes ago, Stimo22 said:

We have several feeders that we got from USA , they are Kenco straight throw feeders and they throw a straight line of barley about 20ft so we have them on poles throwing it up the shallow edges. They can be set for up to 20 seconds and work on a light sensor . Go in the morning and evening.

You may be able to get them in this country but never seen them advertised. 

One ive just bought is a spinner, so will put it out on the island. Just wondering if twice a day or just mid afternoon fir evening flight would work

6 minutes ago, johnnytheboy said:

Used one for a few years and worth the money, all I’d say is get two, if one packs up you have a second still working, they are a godsend when the temperatures drop as the ducks will keep dabbling at the feed area and keep the water open, open water means more ducks! 

Next payday will be number two then haha. 

How often do you set them to feed? 

I just set it to feed 1 hour before dark, fair enough you need to adjust it and watch for the clocks change but that’s less hassle than hand feeding a pond daily

we use this for a pond that is off the beaten track, the other more accessible pond we simply pile the feed in there, weekend and mid week we pile it in which is your other option if you can only make it at the weekend

4 hours ago, Continental Shooter said:

hi chaps,

Looking at  one (or two) myself for a pond 25 miles away from home.  What are the ones you guys use?

also, how big a barrel will you need on top of them to keep them going for a week or two (at worse)?

Cheers,

I just bought this one. 

https://www.a1decoy.co.uk/automatic-game-easy-feeder-6v--12v-2597-p.asp

It is a game feeder so does 360 spin out so im looking at putting it onto an island.

Drum size would depend on how many times you want to feed per day, will feed up to 6 times (programmable) and up to 60s each time. 

Also with PWMEMBER5 code you will get a 5% discount on it. 

46 minutes ago, Stimo22 said:

Took a couple of photos of the Kenco feeders we got from USA . we put them on bins and they spin out grain in a straight line so as not to get any on the bank.

P8100001_opt.jpg

P8100003_opt.jpg

Cant get them up on any search have found one 6v directional feeder on amazon, mine is a 360 so might use ot on a pheasant drive then grt directional for pond. 

20 hours ago, ShootingEgg said:

I just bought this one. 

It is a game feeder so does 360 spin out so im looking at putting it onto an island.

Drum size would depend on how many times you want to feed per day, will feed up to 6 times (programmable) and up to 60s each time. 

that's exactly the one i was looking for.  this or the 6V one

Was planning once a day before dusk and only up till December or so.

The field my pond is on tend to flood with heavy rains/melting snow and is game over as the feed will sink and the fowl will disperse anyway (the whole area become plagued with ponds and splashes)

I assume a 40 L one will do the job considering we'll shoot the pond once or twice a month

cheers,

Edited by Continental Shooter

1 minute ago, Continental Shooter said:

that's exactly the one i was looking for.  this or the 6V one

Was planning once a day before dusk and only up till December or so.

The field my pond is on tend to flood with heavy rains/melting snow and is game over as the feed will sink and the fowl will disperse anyway (the whole area become plagued with ponds and splashes)

I assume a 40 L one will do the job considering we'll shoot the pond once or twice a month

cheers,

I have the 12v one as have a few batteries that i use for pigeon decoying kit, so thought it would be easier to go 12.

You'll get the 5% off both options too, sounds perfect for your location as it spins 360..

23 hours ago, ShootingEgg said:

I just bought this one. 

And they do a mighty fine job. Very easy to set up, I use mine to supplement trough feeding.