Sign in to follow this  
archiebald

Pigeon decoy paint touch up

Hi all. My flocked decoys have faded white neck bars. Would it be worth touching these up? And if so what would you recommend?  Thank you in advance for any advice!

Edited by archiebald

Would have thought so as neck bars indicate feeding. Never touched up flock but would have thought Matt white enamel from a hobby shop that o have used on plastics would be fine.

Thanks guys. I thaught both of these would work. I had a guy come see me last week while out and when I mentioned touching up the white neck bar's he said don't use that as when they are made they where put on with special white uv stuff?! I'll get my self down to the diy shop. Thank you. 

hello, there was a post on this some time back, try to search paint for pigeon decoys, it was 3 sample paint pot colours

hello, i found my scribbled note, home base, it reads dulux night jewel/ grey/ maraschino mocha 2 matt/  the latter is the color stripe,  sorry if confused as so am I:lol:

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

Why not use ordinary white undercoat , cost next to nothing and should last at least a year , and then if needed give them another touch up , all sorted ,  don't worry about using special paint. 

Part of the reason for using Tippex is that it comes in a convenient little bottle with a very convenient little brush.

A bottle will sort out loads of decoys!

1 hour ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, there was a post on this some time back, try to search paint for pigeon decoys, it was 3 sample paint pot colours

hello, i found my scribbled note, home base, it reads dulux night jewel/ grey/ maraschino mocha 2 matt/  the latter is the color stripe,  sorry if confused as so am I:lol:

did all my decoys in this stuff brill b and q made mine up ,it's on file there if I need a top up.