Driving under domestic rules. Info needed

bluesj

19 minutes ago, Swinton said:

https://www.gov.uk/drivers-hours/gb-domestic-rules

Just type driving under domestic rules .in google it brings a load of info up 

Done that and just says (as I read it) the daily limit is 10 hours driving and 11 hours on duty unless the rules are suspended under certain circumstances. nothing about having  x time break after x hours driving unless your driving a bus.  

I was under the impression after doing my cpc there was a bit more to in than that

Edited by bluesj

it gets a bit complicated when i was drivin you could only do 2 x10 hour driving shifts per week,it rolls into two weekly do more one week you have to do less week after,it was then 4 1/2 hours cont, driving u had to take 45 mins break then.

23 minutes ago, hawkfanz said:

it gets a bit complicated when i was drivin you could only do 2 x10 hour driving shifts per week,it rolls into two weekly do more one week you have to do less week after,it was then 4 1/2 hours cont, driving u had to take 45 mins break then.

That's in the EU rule. Wasn't a problem with the old truck as just filled in the log book, start time and finish time job was a good un but the new truck has a digital tacho that keeps bleeping and squawking if you  don't put a card in!

The thing is that I don't the truck very often may be 5 to 10 times a month and then not for very long may be 3 or 4 hours including other work and 90% of the time I would be exempt form driving hours rules any way.

We drive British domestic hours at work , refuse collection , we're supposed to take a 30 minute tachograph break after 5.5 hours duty time ,but iirc it's actually a break due to the European working time directive.

When collecting green waste or domestic waste , we drive on British domestic hours , but if we collect trade waste,we drive on European hours,  and we can sometimes mix and match during a shift . It's all a bit daft really, because as a local authority, we're tachograph exempt anyway , we just have to be seen to be doing the right thing.

When I drove it it was a max of 4 1/2 driving before a 45 min break, in those 4 1/2 you could take 3x15 min breaks or 1 x 15 and a 30 min break.

after your last break your next 4 1/2started.

if you drove 10 hours one day you could only drive 8 the next, 

45 hour break at the end of the week which could be reduced to 36hours but the shortfall had to be made up the following week.

this was 10 years ago so things might have changed since then (Class 1 artics)

:shaun: