CASE LUBE

Are you neck sizing or full length? 

Neck sizing I use graphite powder, but full size (on the odd occasion that I do) I use Lyman lube and roll pad. Seemed like a waste buying a stuck case removal kit when I haven’t used it.....LOL

Just read it again and says full sizing.... sorry didn’t pick up on that on first reading. 

Light spreading of Lyman case lube on a RCBS pad and roll the case one full rotation. No more as not needed and no less or they can stick. Does that help? 

Edited by The Burpster
Checked and wrong make typed.

Have used many different ones from Lee to Lyman, pads and sprays but have settled on Redding Die Wax.

Comes in a small tin and I use an earbud to do all the mouths of cases and then fingers for the external case depending on neck or full length sizing.

Just as in all lube, clean out your ‘Dies’ regularly 

edit: too early in the morning

Edited by Jaymo

4 hours ago, Jaymo said:

Have used many different ones from Lee to Lyman, pads and sprays but have settled on Redding Die Wax.

Comes in a small tin and I use an earbud to do all the mouths of cases and then fingers for the external case depending on neck or full length sizing.

Just as in all lube, clean out your ‘Dies’ regularly 

edit: too early in the morning

+1 For the Imperial sizing wax. Can never understand why reloaders involve themselves in these sticky rolling pads (biggest cause of stuck cases  and case shoulder dents) and 'boil in the bag' sprays before having to tumble/ultrasonic clean the glue off them. I don't know any reloaders that have used Imperial wax then moved onto something else.  

I find it just a quick as other methods , case in press- other hand ear bud and finger lube- original hand on press and voila ...

Other day it was 288 .243- sized , then then tumbled followed by sizing and priming ( did that at 02.45 as my eldest woke me and just couldn’t get back to sleep) 

Yet to get around to powder n ‘topping out’ ?

Edited by Jaymo
Remembered the quantity

2 hours ago, dicehorn said:

+1 For the Imperial sizing wax. Can never understand why reloaders involve themselves in these sticky rolling pads (biggest cause of stuck cases  and case shoulder dents) and 'boil in the bag' sprays before having to tumble/ultrasonic clean the glue off them. I don't know any reloaders that have used Imperial wax then moved onto something else.  

+1.

If you get a stuck case using sizing wax you've probably put the wrong die in. 

Always use the Lee alox stuff and never had a problem. Just use a small sponge that I run under the tap and then ring out leaving it damp. Add a squidge of alox and rub it around leaving the sponge lightly covered and then just roll the cases in it. 

As it's water based it isn't a problem with primers , but I do make sure the dies are cleaned after use.

1 hour ago, Graham M said:

Always use the Lee alox stuff and never had a problem. Just use a small sponge that I run under the tap and then ring out leaving it damp. Add a squidge of alox and rub it around leaving the sponge lightly covered and then just roll the cases in it. 

As it's water based it isn't a problem with primers , but I do make sure the dies are cleaned after use.

Are you sure you are talking about alox? that's bullet lube

I have used all sorts and come back to the Lee lube. If I am particularly lazy I just let the cases dry and reload after sizing.  I use the product neat even though it`s water soluble, just roll the case in my fingers, with a bit of wax on them and a dab in the neck, jobs a good un. don`t get any shoulder dimples or stuck cases.

3 hours ago, Graham M said:

Think you mean this;

20180806_152435.jpg

not this....

20180806_152406.jpg

Edited by moor man