Accident question

countryman

A lovely lady who got her flip flops tangled on the accelerater when braking has taken out the wing on my defender. Will my Land Rover now be on the records of being involved in an accident and be de valued becouse of it, it's currently at the body shop and she has admitted it was her fault so my insurance are not paying for it.

Thanks

chris

8 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

no it shouldn't, but your insurance record will be most likely blighted by the question "any accidents or convictions in past x years?" Because you will have to declare it even though it wasn't your fault

This is what I was thinking, I was hoping as it was not my fault I would be ok, but I guess insurance company's never miss a trick to up your premium.

25 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

This could end up being a bigger problem. She wasn't wearing suitable footwear while driving, which she is required by law to do, depending on the requirements of her insurance, it my turn out she wasn't insured because of the flip flops.

Her insurance will still pay out then pursue her for the costs if turns out she "wasn't insured"

2 minutes ago, ferguson_tom said:

Her insurance will still pay out then pursue her for the costs if turns out she "wasn't insured"

It was totally avoidable , I was stationary when she at first braked then got her flip flops caught up with the accelerator and went into my defender. Not a mark on my landrover until this, I think her car will be a right off as my bumper opened her car up like a tin opener when she reversed back off it.