Unexpected day on the pigeons

steveyg

It's been a while since my last post,due to a combination of work load and to many bad days and failed attempts to find new time perms I had lost interest. I got talking to my neighbours gardener last year,he is a keen pigeon shooter and works dogs in the winter to pick up pheasants on a number of shoots. Any way.....got a knock on the door last week and he invited me out for an afternoons shooting on Friday.....result :)

on arrival to some wheat stubble we could see a lot of activity on the adjacent farm (he has tried on numerous occasions however cannot get permission) he put a couple of shots up and the sky changed colour...I have never seen so many pigeons...very privileged to have seen that many pigeons it was amazing .

we set up with some new enforcer decoys he had bought at the game after, I must say they looked very good. After 15mins we had a flapper and magnet set up and we began to get some interest. Although we didn't get many commit to the pattern (we changed it a few times) we had some good high birds and very fast crossers. I finished the day with 43 and a bloody big grin on my face....should of got at least 50 but that's pigeon shooting 

we had 85 on the day.

Thoroughly enjoyed it and will hopefully be reporting on some more decent bags in the coming months.

Good luck with the harvest lads :)

Hi Steve, nice to see you back shooting again. I thought you had taken up flower arranging or some other arduous sport???

43 is still a good number for an afternoons shooting and you may have found a shooting buddy, use this to find yourself some shooting or go with him beating ? Have you not looked at the shoot JDog left you?

1 hour ago, pigeon controller said:

Hi Steve, nice to see you back shooting again. I thought you had taken up flower arranging or some other arduous sport???

43 is still a good number for an afternoons shooting and you may have found a shooting buddy, use this to find yourself some shooting or go with him beating ? Have you not looked at the shoot JDog left you?

Morning...long time no speak,hope your well

My father lives 5 mins from that perm and he is a regular visitor however no decent bags to report. 

I had a paid day last week which was a disaster however the guy didn't charge me due to lack of shots...

fingers crossed I will be able to post a few reports in the coming months

All the best ?