Is no news good news with SGC application?

46 minutes ago, Tomleecee said:

Heard from the police this morning. Apparently it'll be at least another month before my application is even looked at. On the one hand at least that gives some sort of time frame (though, I'll eat my hat if I hear anything within another 6 months).

On the other, perhaps I should look at other hobbies to get involved with and give up on the clay shooting for now. Having instruction is so expensive it's not really viable as a regular pastime. Really, I'm not surprised so few people bother trying to get into shooting when there's such a huge obstacle in the way.

Are there no clubs within your range that will give supervised access to a round of sporting or skeet ect.
You shouldnt have to have a lesson to shoot, especially if you have already had multiple lessons ?

Id have a word ,and see if you can tag along with someone and use their gun (supervised)
It certainly wouldnt be a problem at my club.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Rewulf said:

Are there no clubs within your range that will give supervised access to a round of sporting or skeet ect.
You shouldnt have to have a lesson to shoot, especially if you have already had multiple lessons ?

Id have a word ,and see if you can tag along with someone and use their gun (supervised)
It certainly wouldnt be a problem at my club.

Good advice, 

You could also ask in the shooting wanted section, someone may be willing to help out until you get your SGC through.