Who's a silly boy then...

AlistairB

34 minutes ago, The Burpster said:

Suffering from depression and anxiety and Kent Police gave him a SGC? 

Sounds like he was a train wreck trying to find somewhere to happen! 

Exactly my thoughts... how did he manage to get a licence if he had a history of depression? 

I have to joke, maybe he refuses to pay his GP a huge bill so his GP refuses to tell the Police about it ??

1 hour ago, old'un said:

“owned a licence since last year” alcohol addict (binge drinker) suffering from depression and anxiety, don’t think I would like to share a hide with him.:hmm:

I wouldn't want the flat upstairs. :no:

This absolutely underlines why licensing in general is pointless whether it is firearms or vehicles. Asking for a medical report as part of the process is just as pointless. Both because they only cover a moment in time when a person might be completely healthy and sane. Add some alcohol or other drugs - maybe even prescription ones and the goalposts have moved.

As for alcohol and guns most of us have probably been in situations after lunch when a few quid for beating does not seem like nearly enough danger money ......

28 minutes ago, team tractor said:

I had a sgc while suffering with depression. I was safe but upset over a break up.

As many do; depression and or anxiety isn't a prerequisite for, nor a guarantee of, stupid, erratic or dangerous behaviour; it is merely something to be declared upon application. 

15 hours ago, The Mighty Prawn said:

Like the comments under the article, usual mixture of anti gun stuff but the person who pointed out he didn't just accidentally discharge his gun, he accidentally took it from the cabinet, loaded it and then fired it - quite an accident really!

Don't need people like that in our gang

Could form lots of conspiracy theories around these incidents, not the first and won't be the last, inept decisions?

These  sort of things happened on a fairly regular basis when I worked in upstate New York for a while. Rednecks love guns and booze -togeather! They get boozed up then want to go shooting at things in the woods. I would imagine a lot of otherwise inexplicable shooting accidents over there are booze induced.

People lose their sense of danger 

Edited by Vince Green

7 minutes ago, The Mighty Prawn said:

Reading between the lines do you think it might have been a failed suicide? Pure speculation but it's the only reason I can imagine loading one and discharging

I was going to say, but thought better of it. 

Too drunk he missed his head. Or forgot where it was. Either way he won't have the chance again.