Shooting game with open chokes

chrisp

1 minute ago, AYA117 said:

That's the ones, they were called 'Practice'  I loved them.

I think I still have the wood packing case that they came in  !

On 07/08/2018 at 19:43, motty said:

Saga make a  28gm with 2.5mm shot.

I have a friend who went on holiday through them too !

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, AYA117 said:

What a shame it's not still full.

There are still one or two on display,  in the cabinet at the local clay ground though.

With regards to the Grand European, I had 2, 1 skeet and 1 trap, both in their red leather cases during the years I was competition shooting. I know where there is a nice trap version for sale at around £900 !

Edited by Westley

6 minutes ago, Westley said:

There are still one or two on display,  in the cabinet at the local clay ground though.

With regards to the Grand European, I had 2, 1 skeet and 1 trap, both in their red leather cases during the years I was competition shooting. I know where there is a nice trap version for sale at around £900 !

MJR (?) Guns always have several GE’s in stock as well as many other 101’s.

I saw a very nice GE Trap model on guntrader some time ago, but it had been devalued in my opinion by being Teagued.

I bought an old 1860 Lang damascus hammer gun about 18 months ago and it’s cylinder both barrels. I’ve been amazed how well it hits at distance and have pulled off some very long shots on pheasants with it. I’ve been using paper cased Eley Impax 28g 7’s and a few Grand Prix 30g 6 but the latter are a bit thumpy in it as it’s a very light gun for a 12 bore. The Impax 7’s have been superb and I’ve stocked up on them for this season. I’m going to pattern test them when I get chance but I already know they work very well. 

You might try a few Hull Cartridge Co Imperial Game either 28g or 26g.  I have found them excellent and soft (in my experience more so than Impax, but I haven't used Impax in a while) in lighter guns, plus they are available in fibre wad.  Note that not all shot sizes are available in 26g.