SGC without cabinet at home?

humperdingle

Does anyone else hold a SGC but does not keep guns at home?

I didn’t renew my last SGC a couple of years ago and sold all my gear. Now, i’m kinda getting back into it and asked my FEO if the above situation was feasible... holding a SGC and either renting a gun (from a clay ground) or borrowing one for a day.

Apparently, it’s possible to do. I wouldn’t need to buy a gun, buy a cabinet, install it, have guns in the house, and rental guns at my local ground are far better than any gun I’d be able to afford.

Thoughts?

Cannot see why that would not be possible, after all if it was your first time SGC and you had not purchased a gun your ticket would be blank, but you could use your ticket to shoot at a clay ground with their guns or a borrowed gun from a friend, you are licensed to be in possession of a shotgun.

Edited by old'un

You can keep them at some clay grounds or indeed with an RFD. Alternatively borrow someone else's or rent. The last option would probably add up quite quickly, I've seen it tend to be £10 to rent. Very much possible to have certificate without cabinet or indeed without guns. 

Edit: I see you're from Fife. Cluny do storage as below. 12 a month isn't much compared to 10 per outing!

"Guns can be brought in at any time, without prior warning.

Prices (per gun):

– First month: £15.00

– Every month thereafter: £12.00"

Edited by HW95J