Road Bike

fat_jay

So the husky is gone and I have £2000 to put on a road bike........what do I get.....its for sunny sunday bimbles to the coast for fish and chips and trips round the county.

I think I don't want an out and out sports bike......but that's a "think"....would love a bobber or café racer but they are beyond my spend.

What's the PW massive thoughts....

If you can push to 2300 you will be hard pushed to not enjoy this. IMHO one of the best bikes BMW has made and it was only after they stopped making them that the press really ‘got’ them. VERY easy to ride and if you are up for it very quick! 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-R1100S-1998-42k-miles-Good-condition-12-months-MoT-HPI-clear/132545935512?hash=item1edc5a7898:g:4SAAAOSw1utasVYJ

4 hours ago, Danger-Mouse said:

ZZR600, technically a sports bike but has a more relaxed seating position than the hardcore sports bikes, also has a very comfy seat. Almost a sports tourer. However they're still very rapid and capable of 150+mph.

I have a zzr600, handles well for what it is, as you say is quick enough to play on, cheap to run and insure and comfy! It is classed as a sports tourer, I will say one thing though, quicker than my old man's hornet with the cbr600 motor in in and not by a little bit

• 2 weeks later...

With no fixed ideas on what to buy why not look at something different from the typical sports bike, how about a honda shadow VT600 like this one on ebay under £1500 full mot low miles .183383903535

Then perhaps look at selling off many  of the parts recover some cash and try creating some thing like this over this next winter for  possibly half your original budget.

image.png.7eee9c2bdb5df8bcd212a551e88a1390.png

• 3 weeks later...