Wigtown, Dumfries & Galloway....

Proudly

Been a regular visitor over the years to the area but only ever fished never shot. Seen that its possible to buy weekly wildfowling permits but wondered how you go about approaching a few days shooting. Is it better to get a guide or just find out as much info as possible before trying yourself? 

We always go freelance... But be warned, you will (if your normal) be annoyed most mornings, watching folk try shoot any goose in sight regardless of height and there not to fussy on species they pop shot at either... Saying that tho, I love the week up.. You certainly earn your geese

22 minutes ago, Smiler23 said:

We always go freelance... But be warned, you will (if your normal) be annoyed most mornings, watching folk try shoot any goose in sight regardless of height and there not to fussy on species they pop shot at either... Saying that tho, I love the week up.. You certainly earn your geese

More ammo for the antis !

Up at wigtown most are fine with guns and acomadation , it's shooting all yr round what with game and stalking .

Pm if you like I will put you on some good cottages who just charge for the days you stay. 

Plus they have good drying rooms and do not fuss about guns .

Make your own luck mate , then you will not be disappointed, guides want 70 to 100 pound a flight .

• 4 months later...
On 07/08/2018 at 16:05, shakin stevens said:

Get a permit for £25 for wigtown bay , it's busy end of the season but still ok , you get a map and rules with your permit , pretty easy to follow , everything marked out for you .

I wouldn't pay anybody for wildfowling do it yourself make your own luck , that's what it's about .

Shakin steven where do you get the said permit from please