Importing from usa...

Bullets and even brass cases are restricted under ITAR so not possible without an export license.

Have a look at Graf's and Titan Reloading just be aware that a lot of USA suppliers will either not deal with the UK for fear of falling foul of ITAR (even on non-ITAR rectricted goods) or like Brownells no longer even let you access their US website due to the GDPR.

You may find it works out cheaper sourcing stuff from Europe (no import duty or Vat etc.).

Edited by phaedra1106

Yep, it has all gone ###s up. Used to be able to import all sorts of gear, ok you had to pay import duty and vat but when the £ was equivalent of $2 it was still cheaper and today that is another consideration.  I imported some custom made rifles back in the 80s and the handling fee and paperwork for a shipment was $100 today the export license alone is $250.

Lots of places on the Continent where you mignt find what you are looking for although the present £ to Euro is not so good.

On 07/08/2018 at 18:42, Vince Green said:

I have never found a good supplier in Europe

5 hours ago, soulboy1957 said:

Over there recently, the prices are not that far below UK prices to really bother. 

Thanks, duly noted....looks like we just need to bend over...

On 07/08/2018 at 14:38, phaedra1106 said:

Bullets and even brass cases are restricted under ITAR so not possible without an export license.

Have a look at Graf's and Titan Reloading just be aware that a lot of USA suppliers will either not deal with the UK for fear of falling foul of ITAR (even on non-ITAR rectricted goods) or like Brownells no longer even let you access their US website due to the GDPR.

You may find it works out cheaper sourcing stuff from Europe (no import duty or Vat etc.).

You pay VAT for European goods....we all do!

so, even allowing that we,( in uk) have a vat tariff levied on european sourced powders/primers...end up by paying more than usa buyers -pay for european manufactured powders and primers.

*** is the advantage of the "common market" to john bull when a non-EU trading "partner" (usa) can have its retailers market the same EU manufactured goods cheaper than the same things are sold here in uk? 

yeah, i've heard the usual..."margins" on uk retailers, but that does not ring - completely true....nor vaguely true.... and forget the old song about "discouraging" sales to reloads.

I imported stuff from Accurate arms and ammo pa.

Angel did a good job of getting it over here, and the price was better than anywhere else, but the order was pretty big to make it worth the effort.

Other than that I would go to Spud as he gets things quickly, and the price is usually competitive.