Hardwood bench slats

Medic1281

Hi, I know this isn’t the right forum for this, but with such a diverse range of people and trades on here then maybe someone can help.

I’m after some hardwood bench slats to rejuvenate a bench for the mother in law. I need 12 slats, 4ft long, approx 1 3/4 wide and 3/4 deep. Or similar! Any ideas for best place to get something suitable from? Or if any of you guys could supply? I’m in north Shropshire if that helps. Thanks In advance, Medic. 

I have just gone through the same thing looking to repair two garden benches, hardwood is ridiculously out on price, but as it happens B&Q do have an offer on some pine slats which I got for about £2.65 each, they are a bit thicker than I wanted but I can adjust to suit and they will do the job fine, so I'm guessing all the stores have the same offer.

I rang round all the timber merchants near me and none of them were any cheaper, so I would say give B&Q a try.

Hi

I repaired a seat using the slightly larger tanalised roofing batten, sanded down and stained with exterior woodstain. Neighbour did same but varnished his.

Couple years on still good, though recoat necessary, when get around to it.

L