In the money

Old Boggy

I don`t believe it. I`ve got a message left on my answerphone (sorry voicemail) saying that I`ve won £150000 and I`m to ring a certain number quoting my ticket number to claim my winnings. No doubt they will want my bank details to transfer the money. 

Considering I`ve not entered any competitions I consider myself very fortunate.

Anyone else been as lucky ????

???

OB

I've had the extreme good fortune to be offered many free ipads online- who knew I was the millionth visitor each time! I'm also party to a great deal of 'weird tricks' that doctors just don't want me to know. Eventually, having gained both immortality and enough tablet computers to tile my roof with, I've had to start turning the offers down... :lol:

Ya ha the luck o the devil , so you do !

On a more serious note, the latest scams are the paypal one still doing the rounds.
A very official looking email, telling you that YOU have registered a new email address ,which you obviously havnt.
Click here ect...Dont .
The other one I get regularly is the phone call from America.
Various numbers (I continually block them) will consistently call, DO NOT call them back ! They are £2 per minute premium lines, and will bill that from the first second.

1 hour ago, bruno22rf said:

Get a phone with "call guardian" fitted - less than £30 on the Bay and it's a BT phone - bought ours about 2 years ago after receiving up to 10 calls a day - not one since :good:.

Its ok , these are to my mobile, and I use true caller, which automatically blocks problem numbers, or ones I select.
They keep changing the numbers though ! 
Always from various parts of the US.

7 minutes ago, spandit said:

You are the lucky ones. I only get told I've had an accident but when I ask them what they're wearing they just hang up on me ?

When I receive those calls telling me they understand I had been in an accident that I was not responsible for, I tell them that it definitely wasn't an accident - I rammed the *******  deliberately.

100% hang up rate (to date).

1 hour ago, Old farrier said:

I usually answer with 

good morning 

Hampshire constabulary Internet fraud department 

how can I help you 

Seems to work ??

That is brilliant. Will try that in future.

Thanks,

OB

On ‎08‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 12:16, Rewulf said:

Various numbers (I continually block them) will consistently call, DO NOT call them back ! They are £2 per minute premium lines, and will bill that from the first second.

My 86 year old mum got caught with one of those, phone rings and as she picks up they hang up. So she called them back "because it might be something important" and they just kept her talking, very nice friendly girl apparently

3 hours ago, countryman said:

I have Indian ladys who call me to tell me there is a problem with my internet, I Chat them up until told to go to hell. Come to think of it most women have told me that , I must change my pick up lines.

my best chat up line goes like this......................

"do you want to drop 'round mine for a drink ?.......how do you like you eggs in the morning ...boiled for 3 mins or fertilised"................