Anyone what any pigeons frozen about 100

Chewuup

I'm slowly using mine up. Breasted about thirty and froze ready for pigeon & pork pies for elevensies on shoot days, also oven ready packed a dozen up for one of my farmers.  The remainder will be treated similar, including breasting and smoking the breast meat (hot smoked) then sliced thinly with  Waldorf salad they make a great starter or just sliced thin and picked at with drinks beforehand. Never much left over.  Mind, I'm not shooting hundreds which do take some dealing with. I asked an acquaintance where they managed to dispose of their pigeons which drew embarrased looks..errr ..err  local butcher takes some, but I had the feeling they were just dumping them as fox and badger fodder.

Hope you find a taker or two ....  surprised the Indian community in Coventry are not interested.

Edited by Walker570

16 hours ago, Walker570 said:

I'm slowly using mine up. Breasted about thirty and froze ready for pigeon & pork pies for elevensies on shoot days, also oven ready packed a dozen up for one of my farmers.  The remainder will be treated similar, including breasting and smoking the breast meat (hot smoked) then sliced thinly with  Waldorf salad they make a great starter or just sliced thin and picked at with drinks beforehand. Never much left over.  Mind, I'm not shooting hundreds which do take some dealing with. I asked an acquaintance where they managed to dispose of their pigeons which drew embarrased looks..errr ..err  local butcher takes some, but I had the feeling they were just dumping them as fox and badger fodder.

Hope you find a taker or two ....  surprised the Indian community in Coventry are not interested.

Think you will see more of this, some of the pigeon shooters who shoot 100+ are finding it more and more difficult to move birds on, I know some say they will not shoot pigeons if they cannot move them into the food chain, but take it from me if you don’t shoot them someone else will, even if it means leaving them for Fox food.