"HARNSERS KNIFE" Part 1 Template

ditchman

We have spoken before about how it is that a knife feels right in the hand and making a blank like that is a very good idea. I had a custom knife made many years ago and the maker had a lump of plastercene which he asked me to grip lightly which left an impression of my hand/fingers. He used this to judge the size of the handle.  Sadly that knife is stuck in the ground somewhere as I am terrible for doing that when gralloching a deer, searched the spot but no joy.  By the way my hands are also like diner plates.

5 hours ago, Walker570 said:

We have spoken before about how it is that a knife feels right in the hand and making a blank like that is a very good idea. I had a custom knife made many years ago and the maker had a lump of plastercene which he asked me to grip lightly which left an impression of my hand/fingers. He used this to judge the size of the handle.  Sadly that knife is stuck in the ground somewhere as I am terrible for doing that when gralloching a deer, searched the spot but no joy.  By the way my hands are also like diner plates.

i bet you were sic as a pig to lose that................

On 11/08/2018 at 10:32, ditchman said:

well thats very kind of to say that............

had a word with Harnser...asked for some meauserments of his hand...he has hands like qa cross between a spade and a grappling iron........................

Watch the Game of Thrones ditch, some of those swords are like knitting needles. Great job so far. Loving the thread.  

Edited by Whitebridges