One for the Aerial engineers

Doc Holliday

As per the title. I'm hoping someone will be able to shed some light on what these kind of aerials would be used for.

There are 2 kinds here. One is fairly straight up (photographed from the rear also) and the other is at a diagonal angle. I thought there was another, like a cone shape with an antenna from memory but I think it may have been upgraded recently for the diagonal one.

Hopefully the photos give enough info. If not then please PM me. aWill explain more later. Thanks in advance.

20180809_201737.jpg

20180809_202554.jpg

On ‎09‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 22:20, KB1 said:

Can you show the extremities of the first one, as what can be seen on the photo could be a number of things from a Common form of transmitting antenna for AM Radio Stations to other MF and LF transmitters?

The vertical one is shown from both my house and from the rear of the house with the aerials. Unfortunately, this is the best shot I can get of either. The other one runs at diagonal and is inclined. The guy who lives there thinks he's a bit of a 'Secret Squirrel' type and, before retiring, was apparently known to boast that in the event of WW3 breaking out a helicopter would land in the road to collect him. 

Mrs H was concerned that he may be listening in on those around him, mainly her I think, but I'm sure this isn't the case as I think he'd have some compassion or empathy for me for some of the stuff she talks to me about but he walks passed without so much as nod or a wink or a 'Kiss my backside!".

1 hour ago, Doc Holliday said:

The vertical one is shown from both my house and from the rear of the house with the aerials. Unfortunately, this is the best shot I can get of either. The other one runs at diagonal and is inclined. The guy who lives there thinks he's a bit of a 'Secret Squirrel' type and, before retiring, was apparently known to boast that in the event of WW3 breaking out a helicopter would land in the road to collect him. 

Mrs H was concerned that he may be listening in on those around him, mainly her I think, but I'm sure this isn't the case as I think he'd have some compassion or empathy for me for some of the stuff she talks to me about but he walks passed without so much as nod or a wink or a 'Kiss my backside!".

There's no microwave listening array there so you should be safe .

However, it's easy enough to listen in on cordless landline phone conversations with a basic scanner (and he's certainly above basic equipment there), but my guess is that he's probably into HAM or even SETI....... As for the helicopter; Walter Mitty comes to mind?