SAKO 85 BLACK WOLF...... 2017..... blimey !

Guest stevo

Guest stevo

Just got back from gun shop after a new rifle , I have always had Sako , or sako action custom rifles , and I have been after another .243 AI .

anyway have just ordered m6 new set up , just got to wait for confirmation tomorrow, but set up  consists of ...

Sako 85 BLACK WOLF 

68B812B1-3E53-49B5-ABD2-18002BD983D7.png.8b87639536245f2b64bd44b16f806a8d.pngM

EB6090DE-2F84-4FE9-AC72-17796838E82F.png

874E77C0-B681-49CA-BEAC-861576D21CD6.png

6092AAC0-0129-4843-BCE7-9571155759BF.pngTopped off with a Zeiss Victory V8 4.8-35x60 #60 ASV H And S

5D70A56A-FBDC-43E5-91A2-A1B2E684495D.jpeg

And a Stalon W110 M14x1

EB64167A-9759-4B90-B6AE-3E712C24BC87.jpeg

Edited by stevo

Guest stevo

I work very hard and save very hard . ?

All being well it will have a  24 inch 1:12 twist barrel and be shooting my fave home load of Nosler 70 grain @3850 FPS  

Edited by stevo

Guest stevo

There will always be a place for the Hornet I promise. 

Im very happy with the set up , like I say just waiting for confirmation on a couple of bits , all being good the order will be in tomorrow afternoon and should be all sorted by end of month , 

but we shall see .

I was looking at them on the back cover of a recent copy of shooting times. If I recall correctyl there were a  couple of variants with one around the 3k mark rrp, which I thought was a bit steep for a sako.  It'll be interesting to see how many they sell. 

Oh and if you're going to be dialling in for your long range shooting you may want to give further thought to your scope choice.  I understand that the v8 has very limited adjustment in terms of "clicks" compared to the competition and you may find you run out of travel at longer ranges. 

38 minutes ago, Novice said:

I was looking at them on the back cover of a recent copy of shooting times. If I recall correctyl there were a  couple of variants with one around the 3k mark rrp, which I thought was a bit steep for a sako.  It'll be interesting to see how many they sell. 

RRP doesn’t mean a great deal in the real world . 

Like said , I’m waiting to get confirmation on a few things today first .

my first choice would be a Khales  ( I just like em ) , but I can get a very good deal on Zeiss .

the adjustment on the Zeiss Victory V8 4.8-35x60  

will be more than enough for me to go out and beyond 1000 yard , in fact if for crazy reason i felt I need more , I could fit a  rail 

but let’s just see what comes back today . 

should have all my answers today fingers crossed  .

but in any case the scope is more than the rifle 

Edited by stevo

23 minutes ago, fister said:

Glad you liked it, it is a damn good rifle and the one tested in 270 was superb.

scope wise,

I wouldnt have that v8 though, a total failure on Zeiss’ part there with 5 mm clicks and very poor elevation range. I went to Denmark to use them when launched 3 years ago and they had to be fudged by taking out the zerostop pin to reach the distances ZEISS had arranged for us to shoot in Ulfborg. The same course of fire we had shot on the two previous years with Victory HT and 2.8-20 V8’s, both of which have the same number of ‘clicks’, but each one equalling 10mm adjustment and guess what, twice the mechanical range.

big fail and i lost interest in the shoot about 10 seconds after spinningbthe turrets on the demo stand the night before. Thank goodness there was other entertainment present

Chris ,

this is One  of my questions regarding the Zero stop. I have heard a few different things . 

Love the scope but there are one or two questions marks . 

Loved the rifle review btw ?

Kwik update .

rifle ordered

sound mod sorted

ziess scope after some phone calls this morning . Finally got the correct answers ........

scope binned off , after some research I can’t believe that a scope with a 2.2K price tag like that still has soooo many areas in which it lets itself down . anyway moving on 

mounting system, still to be sorted once I know what scope I’m going for . 

Prediction ..

18 months time Stevo on here proudly sharing with us a new order of a bespoke .410 .. 32" barrels ... best gun ever !! You heard it here first ...

Look at the history ... DT11 love, semi-auto love, Sako Black Mamba love ....

Ain't shooting BRILLIANT !!!!!

You've gotta love an enthusiast ...:w00t:

54 minutes ago, Smokersmith said:

Prediction ..

18 months time Stevo on here proudly sharing with us a new order of a bespoke .410 .. 32" barrels ... best gun ever !! You heard it here first ...

Look at the history ... DT11 love, semi-auto love, Sako Black Mamba love ....

Ain't shooting BRILLIANT !!!!!

You've gotta love an enthusiast ...

Stop it stephen , people will think your jealous mate , anyway 

as you have  just found out the .410 is already covered 

Edited by stevo

In the price range that your looking Stevo 2nd FP scopes are fine with negligible percentage of zero shift, if any. The advantage is virtually zero interruption of sight picture at long range and high mag on small targets. You will no doubt be using a rangefinder and be dialling in anyway, so POA will always be Centre Cross hair. Its not like you will be receiving return fire from either gongs or Varmints, so the advantage of a 1st FP ret for measuring your misses won't be needed for quick follow up shots. Although it has its advantages for corrections you can still do the same on 2FP scopes at given magnification usually stated in the scopes instructions. (Some show as a small dot next to the magnification number on the ring)

Some of the most expensive long range scopes on the planet are 2FP so dont be put off. 

4 hours ago, BRYAN3 said:

So what is the " real world price" on this rifle and is it available in .223 please ?

Retail price is around the £2300  - £2400 mark for the Standard rifle . So depends on how well you get on with your RFD 

And no they don’t dont it in .223 

22.250 is the smallest they do . 

3 hours ago, Dougy said:

Just over 2k. 

For that money though I'd go semi custom jobby, still use a Sako action though, because I like them. Not everyone's choice but we're all different. 

Well this is the thing dougy , what do I change ? 

For a kick off it’s a sako ........ 

the trigger as standard is about the best off the shelf you can buy and better than most of the so-called custom jobs out there . 

The stock ........ adjustable in every way you would want it to be .and fully ergonomic. 

the bolt with its 3 lug system ....... nuff  said , smooth as silk out the box ...  again nuff said . 

Barrel ..... it sako ..... 

mounts .... I have gone for the opti-lock .... imo second only to a pic rail . 

Stallon mod ..

scope ( all sorted and ordered ) Kahles 525i  FFP 5x25x56 with 34 mm tube 

oh last but not least it’s off to border barrels to bored to a .243 Ackley Improved.

dont know about you , but I rekon that falls well and truly into the “ semi custom “bracket haha ???

Edited by stevo