SAKO 85 BLACK WOLF...... 2017..... blimey !

Guest stevo

Why would i ? There ugly looking things ? 

the optic locks are rock solid and the Kahles has monster elevation 2.9 m @100 yards 

I could dial the moon into my FOV ?

all joking aside, IF there is something that I feel needs addressing, it will be done . 

But i feel I have a pretty satisfactory starting point to work from . 

The test will be in the field though ,  until then it’s all just numbers .

Hahaha you know you want too , sorry ......... you know your gonna do it ??

i have not long been up to me farm , I swiped 11 ploughing discs the other day and have been busy turning them into gongs one for zeroing at 100 yards 

then one at 

1000 yard 

On Friday, August 10, 2018 at 16:38, stevo said:

Stop it stephen , people will think your jealous mate , anyway 

as you have  just found out the .410 is already covered 

Now the .410 chat has got my attention, you surely not so low a person to leave us hanging

C'mon

That to be honest is took sexy for words. Im glad I decided that the shotgun needed updating and have spent my money :).

Dougy please don't discuss rebarrelling as I am toying with idea of redoing my Hornet into .22 from .17 and want to resist the temptation!

2248B9DC-724B-4759-AFB6-389C86081FD8.jpeg

Better ??

1 hour ago, Dougy said:

Wait for it?

The bolts in and closed !!!!!!! 

Lol.

Look even better with a nice scope on. ?

Your notice the bolt indicator is closed , ( unloaded ) and bolt locked . 

Ahhhhh yes the scope .... now there’s another story ?

it turned up , but I was not allowed to have it ?

3 hours ago, stevo said:

2248B9DC-724B-4759-AFB6-389C86081FD8.jpeg

Better ??

Your notice the bolt indicator is closed , ( unloaded ) and bolt locked . 

Ahhhhh yes the scope .... now there’s another story ?

it turned up , but I was not allowed to have it ?

Years ago you would get umpteen posts about unsafe rifle next to rabbits or deer photo's because the bolts were closed. 

Not allowed to have the scope ??? Did she find the receipt ?

54 minutes ago, Dougy said:

Years ago you would get umpteen posts about unsafe rifle next to rabbits or deer photo's because the bolts were closed. 

Not allowed to have the scope Did she find the receipt ?

I totally agree dougy , there were mostly made by idiots. IKNOW when my kit safe , by the simple fact I have no ammo for it haha ? 

some people just love to assume everyone is as stupid as they are , maybe they should call into there local gun shop and tell the owner to open all the bolts on the guns in the racks ?anyway ........

the scope turned up but it’s going back , there was a small mark on the front outer lens housing so RFD said sorry but I’m not willing to except it and so it’s going back. And there is another one coming directly from Swarovski buy end of next week . 

His reason apart from the fact it should be perfect is , just say 5 yrs down the line there is a problem with it , Swarovski will say it’s been misused, you tell by the mark on it , then it goes from a warranty repair to a chargeable repair. 

I did however get to have a play with the scope in low light . ... simply outstanding.

and after trying a FFP scope , I’m not a fan   Not keen on the way the retical gets bigger as you zoom in , if I’m shooting at distance I will be using a rangefinder and therefore dialing in .also  On the Swarovski the mill dots are bang on at x10 and x25  I believe .i need to read up on that , but it was something that I saw in the booklet thingy . 

the FFP is also too much of a comprise in low light , and on low mag it’s a struggle to see The retical unless you have a Illuminated ret . However sometimes I feel that can make things a little to busy in the eye box unless it’s dark as in late on . 

Just my opinion. 

Oh and I know this really is geeky but the turret/clicks are better then ALL the other ones I played with ?

just awesome ? 

Edited by stevo