80 miles and lots of rain

steveyg

Got  a call at around midday..fancy trying to find a few pigeons...  :)

i must of opened a dozen farm gates today, we struggled to find any decent flight lines or pigeons ?

We found a field of wheat stubble which was being hit hard however no permission to shoot.

We traveled around 80 miles with no joy, the rain came down big time so decided to go for a beer.

That's pigeon shooting...

On 10/08/2018 at 19:45, steveyg said:

Got  a call at around midday..fancy trying to find a few pigeons...  

i must of opened a dozen farm gates today, we struggled to find any decent flight lines or pigeons ?

We found a field of wheat stubble which was being hit hard however no permission to shoot.

We traveled around 80 miles with no joy, the rain came down big time so decided to go for a beer.

That's pigeon shooting...

That seem like a lot of miles but they soon add up when you start criss crossing from one place to another , I never go more than 10 / 15 miles from my house and yet some days I have done 40+ miles by looking at different places and ending up at the first place I looked at .

One of my pet hates is pigeon shooting in the rain , mind you , when I see dark clouds coming my way I convince myself it isn't going to rain then two hours later I am drying all my gear out and me included ☺️

But as you say steveyg , that's pigeon shooting

45 minutes ago, marsh man said:

That seem like a lot of miles but they soon add up when you start criss crossing from one place to another , I never go more than 10 / 15 miles from my house and yet some days I have done 40+ miles by looking at different places and ending up at the first place I looked at .

One of my pet hates is pigeon shooting in the rain , mind you , when I see dark clouds coming my way I convince myself it isn't going to rain then two hours later I am drying all my gear out and me included ☺️

But as you say steveyg , that's pigeon shooting

The guy I was out with has perms in Warwickshire and Worcestershire, he does an average of 100 miles a week just checking his perms, he is lucky he can fit this in around his work (self employed). even though we didn't get a gun out it was enjoyable just looking at the different perms and listening to how he has shot them in the past.