Help needed to identify and clean a gun

Rabbit-NL

43 minutes ago, Rabbit-NL said:

Come on  Ditchman, you know you want it :P

no im not going to secumb to the whiles of a woman...:lol:.........im far too easily led,................having a close look at that air rifle i think you are right,...it appears to be covered in tar/nicotine...and if you had a screwdriver and were to undo 3 or 4 screws....and gently ..with some gun oil wipe it down with a rough cloth and on the more stubborn areas with a bit of very fine wire wool...i bet that would come up a treat.....................:good:

go on girl i bet you are dying to have a go...............

anyway you live too far away..:lol:

Edited by ditchman

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, Rabbit-NL said:

If only the I was a U in your name

Thank you all for the very helpful comments and for making a quest with “stupid” questions feel welcome in your forum.

:thanks:

I will keep you updated.

we do wear clogs in Norfolk.............and half the folk here are dutch by decent anyway............

21 minutes ago, JJsDad said:

Brilliant, a lady with a sence of humour; you are welcome on here anytime :yahoo:

i 2nd that.............

hello, would it be easy to have it posted to uk from the Netherlands???

13 hours ago, Rabbit-NL said:

If only the I was a U in your name :)

Thank you all for the very helpful comments and for making a quest with “stupid” questions feel welcome in your forum.

:thanks:

I will keep you updated.

hello, what sort of money are you looking to sell for ?

16 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, would it be easy to have it posted to uk from the Netherlands???

hello, what sort of money are you looking to sell for ?

if you buy .............you must do a rebuild / cleaning thread..............i rekon under that tar / nicotine it might be in really good order.........i am sooo tempted but i will not have it...

i think that is a walnut stock ...not beech  so if stripped and stained and oiled it should come up a treat.......

Edited by ditchman

20 minutes ago, ditchman said:

if you buy .............you must do a rebuild / cleaning thread..............i rekon under that tar / nicotine it might be in really good order.........i am sooo tempted but i will not have it...

hello, i was thinking if that were possable it would make a great project for yours truely and so many on here would enjoy to see how it goes with photos etc alas i do not have a workshop any more or the tools to do, and yes like many on here i did have one for plinking on my friends farm

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

39 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, i was thinking if that were possable it would make a great project for yours truely and so many on here would enjoy to see how it goes with photos etc alas i do not have a workshop any more or the tools to do, and yes like many on here i did have one for plinking on my friends farm

no not for me..........i have to keep to my sceduale...........all you need is a couple of screwdrivers....stripper and scraper....sandpaper.............

Can't believe no one has picked this up yet. Lovely walnut stock, classic british air rifle, just waiting for the right person to breath new life into it. (nearly said "her" but decided I was getting carried away). It'll be a gem after a great project. 

Go ooooooon. 

Hello friends, here an update from me.

I still didn’t sell the gun.
I put it up for sale on a Dutch auction site.
My item was popular and within 5 minutes I had a lot of offers, the highest 160 EURO.

Than I got an angry mail from the auction site, where I am a 12 years member, warning me to never again put up illegal stuff for sale… and they deleted my add.

Than I put it to rest for a while. I had  messages from you guys how to sell in Germany, thank you for that. Maybe I will try it since I live only one hour driving from the border, so I can post it there.

But first I want to try to sell it here ( Netherlands) because the gun was hot. :-P
I searched for the biggest air gun forum, and than pfff they are not as welcoming as you.

While I have no interest in hunting, I have to post 5 messages, that need approval of an admin, and not included this is me or general chat… before I am allowed to post a topic on my own.

Further you are not allowed to talk about shooting or wanting to shoot furry creatures, not even rats.  I don’t understand why they call themselves hunters, it looks they hunt for static empty beer cans.

I am still waiting for approval for my first post.  And waiting. And waiting.

I am in the Netherlands and shipping it to UK doesn't look like an option.
I'm not even sure anymore if with the Dutch rules  I'm allowed to ship it or they take it from me to destroy.
I searched for postage rates to UK. I couldn't find anything cheaper than 50GBP.
It has to do with the length of the box.  Max length is 80 or 100 cm and I need 120cm
An averagde box with 8kilo I can sent  14 GBP, but not this one.

Edited by Rabbit-NL

The memoires of a Dutch hunter that just bought my beautiful gun:

Hey wifey, I just shot some coca cola cans, maybe there are some drops left in it to complete our lovely dinner.  And after that we cuddle some soft furry rats before they go on destroying our dikes that protect our country from the water. Europe says we are not allowed to kill the sweet creatures.  And after we had our pudding  I am going to shoot some empty bottles with my classic  B.S.A Airsporter MK2 .22 cal , build 1967/1968, it is such fun.

6 hours ago, Rabbit-NL said:

Hello friends, here an update from me.

I still didn’t sell the gun.
I put it up for sale on a Dutch auction site.
My item was popular and within 5 minutes I had a lot of offers, the highest 160 EURO.

Than I got an angry mail from the auction site, where I am a 12 years member, warning me to never again put up illegal stuff for sale… and they deleted my add.

Than I put it to rest for a while. I had  messages from you guys how to sell in Germany, thank you for that. Maybe I will try it since I live only one hour driving from the border, so I can post it there.

But first I want to try to sell it here ( Netherlands) because the gun was hot. ?
I searched for the biggest air gun forum, and than pfff they are not as welcoming as you.

While I have no interest in hunting, I have to post 5 messages, that need approval of an admin, and not included this is me or general chat… before I am allowed to post a topic on my own.

Further you are not allowed to talk about shooting or wanting to shoot furry creatures, not even rats.  I don’t understand why they call themselves hunters, it looks they hunt for static empty beer cans.

I am still waiting for approval for my first post.  And waiting. And waiting.

What was "illegal" about the air gun ? 

Can you not just walk into a local gun shop and either sell it to them or ask them to sell it on commission ? 

50 minutes ago, Hamster said:

What was "illegal" about the air gun ? 

I think, but just think, that buy/sell /own/ an airgun is only legal if you have a license.
The auctionsite got a complaintand maybe it was easier to delete my add than to deal with the complainers. 

50 minutes ago, Hamster said:

Can you not just walk into a local gun shop and either sell it to them or ask them to sell it on commission ? 

That is a good tip, never thought of that.

Edited by Rabbit-NL