32" semi auto

eddoakley

Anybody shoot a 32"?

I've just bought one for the shop but have never had one before so just trying to gauge whether it is going to be stuck here as it's not going to be popular or if it's sought after.

It's a Browning fusion so I know it's not hugely valuable and it's just the barrel length that I need info/opinions on

Cheers

Edd 

I say it will sell sooner than you think, despite being a fan of 32" OU's I have learnt to my cost that the same length in semi's doesn't quite work for most people. I know one or two people who are absolute mustard with theirs but truth be told they are just plain fantastic shots anyway. 

The reason I say it won't hang around is twofold, they are rare (compared to 30/28) and people don't generally know they shoot like a 35" OU.

Nobody yet saying they actually have (or have had) one, pretty much as I thought.

I've sold a gun or two in my time but never had a 32" semi auto. Have a couple of o/u at the moment.

The guy I bought it from says he will bring me a slip that he had to specially order but it does already come in the original hard case. 

As I said it's a decent enough make and model, in decent condition and with the chokes, box and original books etc that mean it will probably sell easily enough what ever the barrel length. Circa £500 for any Browning always seems cheap to me.

And if, like me, you can't shoot the pigeons you could always poke them from the other side of the field or make use of it as a lofting pole!

Edd

8 minutes ago, eddoakley said:

Nobody yet saying they actually have (or have had) one, pretty much as I thought.

I've sold a gun or two in my time but never had a 32" semi auto. Have a couple of o/u at the moment.

The guy I bought it from says he will bring me a slip that he had to specially order but it does already come in the original hard case. 

As I said it's a decent enough make and model, in decent condition and with the chokes, box and original books etc that mean it will probably sell easily enough what ever the barrel length. Circa £500 for any Browning always seems cheap to me.

And if, like me, you can't shoot the pigeons you could always poke them from the other side of the field or make use of it as a lofting pole!

Edd

I bought one of the first 390's, (ones with the square back) that were brought into the country back in the mid 90's, it was noticeably good on very long crossers and noticeably a handful on just about anything else. I have also since had many full rounds with more modern versions and still think the same.

25 minutes ago, dodeer said:

I struggled with one. 

Mines a vault type brattonsound and without turning it at an angle because I have lots of guns.

Because I have a few longer guns I bought an extra tall cabinet. It is probably 10" taller than my other one. Easy to slot tall guns into.

10 hours ago, Jay1234 said:

Yeah I had a beretta a400 exel, and as figgy said, I did have to buy an extra long Barrera gun slip for it, but it always shot great, no matter what I was doing with it, only think I will say is I lost like £500 when I sold it on 

That's what I was thinking with this Browning, regardless of its original cost I think it will have a limited market due to its length. I'm waiting to be surprised.

Edd

Just now, eddoakley said:

That's what I was thinking with this Browning, regardless of its original cost I think it will have a limited market due to its length. I'm waiting to be surprised.

Edd

Don't think the length was the issue, when I let go of it there was very little market for semi autos (right in the middle of Clay season) my own fault really but I needed some cash so couldn't justify the gun when I had my pump sat there that was 1/5 of the price and used 10x more 

6 minutes ago, eddoakley said:

Edd

I don't know about your locality but that wouldn't stick around too long over here and I'd have thought someone would buy it if it's advertised on Guntrader. When I sold mine circa 93 I had plenty of calls and the guy who bought it travelled a long way, I still recall the stress and embarrassment when I was almost 2 hours late to meet him (no mobiles to let him know) at the train station due to crazy unexpected traffic. I couldn't believe he had waited and must have apologised a dozen times. ?

Regarding length and gun cabinets, it's really not a big deal because all you have to do is break it down which takes 1 minute. 

• 4 months later...

I’ve got a Beretta 391 Urika 2 gold parallel target 32” which I’ve had since 2012. It’s not my main clay shooting gun but whenever I go back to it I always seem to shoot well. Did have to put some lead in the stock to get it to balance to my liking though. Although it’s a very long gun I don’t find it a handicap in any way on clays and it points very well. It’s also has a motecarlo stock which fits me well, having a long neck.

Edited by chesterse