Thermal scopes

dazb1967

This.....

http://www.nightvisionstore.co.uk/new-wt1-75-3-thermal-rifle-scope-c2x20547067

But you might be able to get in on the Group Buy at £3850 if you contact Clive through this.....

http://####.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=17296&start=40

Fantastic bit of kit.... the basic 6x mag is a big starter for ten! 

Cheers

Fizz

28 minutes ago, bumpy22 said:

nv to shoot thermal to spot in my opinion. even top xp50 scope i would not be 100% happy with id 

They are getting better, but agree with you, i was out last night and watching a badger gather some bedding out at 300yds through an Archer. It seemed to dissapear for a second or 2 then came back in a small dip in a field, or so I thought. It was actually one of the cattle lying down and it was head on to me. 

Just saying with even with a gen 3 nv you can't be that sure.  

10 hours ago, Dougy said:

They are getting better, but agree with you, i was out last night and watching a badger gather some bedding out at 300yds through an Archer. It seemed to dissapear for a second or 2 then came back in a small dip in a field, or so I thought. It was actually one of the cattle lying down and it was head on to me. 

Just saying with even with a gen 3 nv you can't be that sure.  

very true sir. id is a must and the thermal i have used is great but you just dont get clarity of nv. i use xq38 spotter and ward add on. one of my mates had xq50 scope. we used it for about a week then sold it bought a drone. no looking back:yes: if you want dedicated for me it would be drone

So whats the best NV to be getting, I have read a lot about the Drone Pro but from what I'm reading it seems its discontinued, Is there a better newer model out. I know everyone has different opinions but I want to make sure I spend good money on the right kit and theres not a lot of options when it comes to trying them out.

I spot with a XQ38F and shoot with a Drone.  There have been many instances when I can clearly see Foxes with the Thermal but not through the Drone because they are in cover, if you had just the Thermal you wouldn't know which makes them unsuitable for weapon scopes unless you know every inch of your land intimately.

I use the xp50 spotter and wouldnt have a thermal scope.....

More than once I have clearly identified a target in the thermal to then be unable to spot it with nv or even in daylight.

I watched a roe disappear into a hedge. The guy I was with didn't see it and didn't believe me. He spent a good 5 minutes with binoculars not 40 yards from the deer. When I handed him the thermal it was as clear a picture as you could wish for and a textbook engine room shot would have been easy. But in reality the deer was completely obscured by a pretty thick hedge and no shot was on.

Thermal for spotting and (for anything but deer) NV to shoot.

I'm waiting for a pulsar f155. It looks very good.

Edd

On ‎13‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 19:03, dazb1967 said:

So whats the best NV to be getting, I have read a lot about the Drone Pro but from what I'm reading it seems its discontinued, Is there a better newer model out. I know everyone has different opinions but I want to make sure I spend good money on the right kit and theres not a lot of options when it comes to trying them out.

Clive Wards new Digi seems to be the new kid on the block, I would wait for some user feedback first but they look good.

Log onto the Nightvisionforum for info. 

Ive been invited out by a couple of lads who live local when I get home, they use thermal and NV so I'll have a look at there gear and take it from there, I dont mind spending good money for the right kit it's just so hard picking the right kit when you can't try it, which I'm sure theres a few people in the same position.

On ‎11‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 21:13, fizzbangwhallop said:

This.....

http://www.nightvisionstore.co.uk/new-wt1-75-3-thermal-rifle-scope-c2x20547067

But you might be able to get in on the Group Buy at £3850 if you contact Clive through this.....

http://####.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=17296&start=40

Fantastic bit of kit.... the basic 6x mag is a big starter for ten! 

Cheers

Fizz

Well I think I'll be going for the above thermal scope WT1-75-3, It seems to get excellent reviews and can't see any negatives, I'll prob try and get on the next group buy and try and save a few quid, I just wish I'd decided before I went and went and bought a new zeiss scope but I'm sure I'll make room for that somewhere.

Cheers for all the good advice as usual

I have the pulsar FXQ50 core with the add on attatchment for sale never been used due to circumstances

Can be used as a spotter hand held then attatched to the front of your normal day scope in seconds to use as a thermal scope

Best of both worlds Great piece of kit with a range out to 1800m

My mate went thermal with pulsar but bought both a spotter and the scope  Cost him thousands but as he said the spotter is easier to hold rather than keep moving a rifle and scope around

This FXQ does both for half the money