BlaserF3

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, HW95J said:

So an alternative title for this programme would be: 'Two antiques are purchased, no laws are broken, everyone remains fine'? 

The programme seems to imply that anyone can go to America and just buy a handgun (WRONG!) even if its antique you cant do that. They then can 'export' it out of the US (MEGA WRONG in so many ways) and just walk through customs with it by explaining its an antique.

I have got to see this! it appears to be a total work of fiction. I mean to say, they wouldn't be biased would they? Surely not!

Edited by Vince Green

14 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

The programme seems to imply that anyone can go to America and just buy a handgun (WRONG!) even if its antique you cant do that. They then can 'export' it out of the US (MEGA WRONG in so many ways) and just walk through customs with it by explaining its an antique.

I have got to see this! it appears to be a total work of fiction. I mean to say, they wouldn't be biased would they? Surely not!

If you know the lawful practicalities of this, then please contact the BBC.

there was a case of pox in Formby recently with a dead red squirrel found, if you want a read of how uneducated people are or biased against shooting or controlling a pest species have a look on the Lancashire and Merseyside mammals group on face book, to be fair there were a lot of people saying shoot the greys save the reds but still an awful lot against any kind of shooting.

7 hours ago, Mice! said:

there was a case of pox in Formby recently with a dead red squirrel found, if you want a read of how uneducated people are or biased against shooting or controlling a pest species have a look on the Lancashire and Merseyside mammals group on face book, to be fair there were a lot of people saying shoot the greys save the reds but still an awful lot against any kind of shooting.

So many stupid shallow people about.

If Greys and foxes looked like rats they'd be screaming to get shut of them.

Apologies for going off on a tangent ! 

51 minutes ago, norfolk dumpling said:

Did I not read there is a proposal to ban antique guns - the same proposal that wanted .50 calibre guns banned? This was EU inspired I recall but our lot were considering implementing?

That's what this Panorama is all about, softening up public opinion by creating the impression that street gangs are running around shooting each other with £4000 antique pistols

47 minutes ago, Scully said:

Caught a quick glimpse of a trailer for this the other night, and from what I saw a press and dies were used, which is fair enough, but I wondered how they came about primers as I thought nowadays these were only sold via ticket. 

You know as well as I do it will be a politically motivated distortion, so why let the truth get in the way?

Edited by Vince Green

On 14/08/2018 at 01:30, Mice! said:

Amusing the way some love the non interventionist way, of nature red in tooth and claw being the correct way but when we become ill due to nature we all scream for a doctor to remedy the situation?

Panorama BBC1 20:30, Not a lot of info on the program yet, but it might be worth a watch, specially if you are into collecting antique hand guns.

be interesting to see if the program leans towards a call for all guns to be taken out of public ownership, lets see where they take it.....https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0bfkdwx

One of the things that the programme will be doing, is hitting out at reloading............so no surprises the BBC will be hitting out at us again! Perhaps Panorama should be asking the government if it will release the witness statements given "in camera" at the Dunblane massacre enquiry.............the ones that were sealed for 100 years! (The atom spies only got 30 year sealed!). Lord Burton, prior to his death, tried unsuccesfully in the House of Lords for these papers to be made public! The BBC will never go down that road, will they?

37 minutes ago, pinfireman said:

One of the things that the programme will be doing, is hitting out at reloading............so no surprises the BBC will be hitting out at us again! Perhaps Panorama should be asking the government if it will release the witness statements given "in camera" at the Dunblane massacre enquiry.............the ones that were sealed for 100 years! (The atom spies only got 30 year sealed!). Lord Burton, prior to his death, tried unsuccesfully in the House of Lords for these papers to be made public! The BBC will never go down that road, will they?

What was their excuse for hiding them away in the first place? 

Be surprised if there isn’t a big push to ban the sale of reloading equipment etc after this... 

Edited by Lloyd90

13 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

What was their excuse for hiding them away in the first place? 

Be surprised if there isn’t a big push to ban the sale of reloading equipment etc after this... 

I make no comment about it one way or another, but simply to say that as I understand it it was to protect the witnesses from adverse anything as they will have died before the ( long fogotten by then)  papers are released.

14 hours ago, pinfireman said:

I don't think this is over yet and is not going to lie down. Add QVS, Hamilton et al and (on the other side of the fence) Glenn Harrison into the pot. No need to stir, it's quietly bubbling away.

Edited by wymberley