Possibly buying a truck

Fredwalton

Ok I'm thinking of getting a truck! Just wondering if people had 12k to spend what would you be looking at? It will be used as a shooting struck but predominantly used as a family car etc. I'm looking as we are thinking of getting a second dog and another baby sometime next year so need the back seats for baby seats and a big boot hence the truck option.

Thanks 

I use one every day (Hilux) but I don't have a family to put in it and I am shooting most days. As with all of these things it's best to try to avoid using the full 4x4 capability. If it's that hard find another route is my motto. 

With a family I would get a soft roader like a rav or crv with some decent off road tyres these will go most places and the family won't get car sick so easily. 

We have a Kia sportage already but want something I  can just chuck everything into etc and not worry about it getting dirty etc as we are also considering getting a second dog so needs a good boot size hence wanting a truck. Will look at the hulix as you've all mentioned one.

4 hours ago, Fredwalton said:

We have a Kia sportage already but want something I  can just chuck everything into etc and not worry about it getting dirty etc as we are also considering getting a second dog so needs a good boot size hence wanting a truck. Will look at the hulix as you've all mentioned one.

That's weird, I have a L200 and thinking of buying a Sportage. If I was you, I would check them all out before buying, Ford, Isuzu, Toyota, Mitsubishi, Nissan, one mans meat is another mans poison.