Top lever very stiff on opening, can it be eased?

Wingman

7 hours ago, Wingman said:

I took the gun back to the RFD yesterday and he couldn't of been more helpful.  Checked gun over and agreed that it was unacceptable and offered me a full refund or a replacement.  I walked out of the shop with a brand new Webley 920K with a junior size stock and the action on this one is buttery smooth.  Son was a little worried that the 20 might recoil more than his old 28 bore but I explained that he can use the same 21 gram carts as he used in the 28 bore.  The gun is actually a tad heavier so if anything should be less recoil.

Have to say (and I dont know if am allowed to say who the RFD is but I will anyway!) DB Guns in Thame were absolutely superb excellent helpful service!

nice to hear that sort of thing for a change...........

Actually it’s a lovely little gun i keep getting it out of the cabinet and handling it. Actually think i might take it out myself this weekend for a mooch around the fields have to work out a way to temporarily increase the LOP as the junior stock is only 13” or there about. 

1 hour ago, Wingman said:

... have to work out a way to temporarily increase the LOP as the junior stock is only 13” or there about. 

You could try a cheap rubber slip-on pad, with an inch or so of packing inside.   Best take the gun when buying, in case the slip-on pad might not grip tightly enough around a junior size stock.